Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I want your opinion how Microsoft could destroy the Internet

Originally posted here by killerbeesateme
    .... big ugly picture of that yuppie middle aged guy....
    .... big ugly picture of that yuppie middle aged guy.... he.. he..

but the all time winner for ugly, *UGLY* I.T. CEO must go to...

dude, it's like Mrs. Soprano!!

Just to play the devil's advocate here....what's wrong with gay? LOL!!

You two litle ****wits need to chill out.

Bill Gates is on the front page of his company's website, simply because he owns the place...and quite frankly, I dont think that he really gives a **** of what people think....he is the richest man on the world.

A lot of you are missing the point of ads....they're not supposed to be anything else but catchy. I.E. Ever heard of those gay comercials from "Matress Giant, Barney and Phils Furniture, Glass Giant...or whatever other local ads you might hear/see on TV. They're gay as hell, and they use gay catchy phrases, but you know what.....THEY WORK! Next time you're thinking of buying a new matress, their gay lame song pops in your head, so you have an idea where u can go buy one.

Whats wrong with Magic The Gathering?

I'm still waiting for the creator of the thread to share his opinions.

BTW, I sell apple computers, and a good 2/3 of the customers are pale, lame, confused, weird, lost,vegetarian.
    Most of them are stuck in this little time portal where the second you introduce them to something new, they turn into panic mode.

TRUE STORY:
    Customer walks in to get a wireless USB adapter for her new EMAC:

EMPLOYEE: "Ma'am, this new wireless adapter will work with your new apple computer and it can store 128mbs of flash memory. That means less floppy disks to carry around"

CUSTOMER: OMG, I'm not sure what to do, I'm all confused now, whats gonna happen to all my floppy disks? OMG does that mean I can't use CDs anymore neither? WHy would they do that to us? I have so much stuff on CDs and I dont think I can afford to lose it. Will my ITUNES still work with my Ipod? I think I better hold off on that and do some research.

Just to clarify my other post, i have no problems with those of the homosexual persuasion (i know it's meaningless to say after the fact) but i was playing into the other post. I was concentrating on one phrase and expanding it painfully so. (And gay has 3 meanings, the proper dictionary term of Happy, the soon or already proper term for someone of the homosexual persuasion, and slang for bad. How many times have you heard a person say this is the gayest party ever, and it being a good thing (i'm talking in the mainstream, not in Boy's Town).

I used to play magic too, I have a bunch of the cards sitting in a closet. There's nothing wrong with it. It's called stereotyping. Which there's always that one guy who says "Hey! There's nothing wrong with that!" after you say something which is painfully stereotypical.

Devil's Advocate is a fun game to play, and I have no objections to being called a ****wit. It's most likely true...lol.

I agree with you on the Ads. The main thing i remember about marketing, came from my cousin who majored in it in college. When i asked him about school, he started laughing and said that what he's learning in school is how to lie. He said that there are better words for it, like spin and talking up a product, but it all boils down to lying.

but anyway, enough with the marketing ****. I am also wondering where the creator of this thread is?

Underground Bunker, somewhere in Antarctica
    Now that I think about it, no hacker or anybody who uses the internet would want to destroy it. The hacker wont, because he wouldnt be able to hack anymore. Its logical captain.
    I know your type, you think "I'll just get me a costume, rip off the neighborhood kids". Next thing you know, you've got a jet shaped like a skull with lasers on the front!
    -The Monarch.

Banned
    Don't forget Visual studios inate ability to **** up nice and clean HTML code.....I'v been slapping the bitch for two weeks now, it keeps re-formating my code into bloat-code...its horrible! That and the way the entire C# system works on the internet is horrible, you have practicaly no control over things, M$ just wants to control your brain!! * Puts on tin-foil hat *
    I think Visual Studio does a good job with C/C++ (IDE wise).
    Where MS will destroy the internet is by splitting it either directly or indirectly.. By forcing its own standards, by companies allowing their websites code to work with only one browser.
    By Organisations becoming so pissed off with MS that they break the internet into to MS standard and the 3WC standard..
    Bill Gates really just wants to leave his mark; he's afraid of dying and being forgotten. As a result we all get ****ed, as you stated, when M$ decides to make its own standard. It'd be nice if they could just follow convention instead of being douches. The alternative is that people switch over to Firefox or another compliant browser and not use IE.

Microsoft bashing is boooorrrring and passe!
    It's more that M$ could and still can make huge improvements in their software to make it more secure, compliant, and not lock you into just their products but refuse to do so.

The standards issued raised by und3rtak3r are also a concern, there is a danger that MS become more like apple and lock people into their software (maybe even hardware as well) or things won`t work. Given that there are lots of IIS boxes as well this creates an even larger problem.
    I read a few articles about proprietary hardware agreements that M$ was trying to cook up but I never really heard the end result. If that does happen, I have a feeling people will either go with it for the rest of time or hate it and never touch Windows again.

Microsoft does a reasonable job of patching and keeping their OS secure.
    Really...

killerbeesateme :: No, stop talking.

Lets play **** marketing and conversing about something that is remotely related to the topic.

Now that I think about it, no hacker or anybody who uses the internet would want to destroy it. The hacker wont, because he wouldnt be able to hack anymore. Its logical captain.
    There are some crazy people who want to do a helluva lot more than that, I wouldn't pass it up that a few people would want to. However the ability required to bring do the internet (specifically the backbones) I'm betting is relatively high... I sure hope so . In all seriousness even blackhats aren't trying to kill the net. They want to make money by stealing information and the like (or scamming). A fair amount viruses are written by very intelligent people who really aren't out to kill us all, so to speak. However other people get ahold of it and think it'd be cool (the creator of course is eager to see how it does in the wild) to release it. Oh well...

Banned
    Bill Gates really just wants to leave his mark; he's afraid of dying and being forgotten. As a result we all get ****ed, as you stated, when M$ decides to make its own standard. It'd be nice if they could just follow convention instead of being douches. The alternative is that people switch over to Firefox or another compliant browser and not use IE.
    If no one deviated from "the standards" no innovation would occur. Standards are a starting point, not an ending one and simple capitolism tells us that multiple different, yet competing products is better for everyone.

cheers,

catch

Banned
    I agree.

The pride on the internet is that it was built and maintained by hackers, wether it's true or not.

If the internet went down, the only thing hackers would have left is the old BBS systems or Company Intranets. And with the change of times, it's not as simple as before to dial-in to another system.

The internet is too important to everyone for it to come down.

quote:

If no one deviated from "the standards" no innovation would occur. Standards are a starting point, not an ending one and simple capitolism tells us that multiple different, yet competing products is better for everyone.
    While that is true for certain things, for web standards, microsoft needs to conform. It's like the issue with the HD-DVD and Blue-Ray discs and now comsumers will get screwed into buying two players, plus owning their DVD player.

(man entertainment units will become huge!)

Banned
    It's like the issue with the HD-DVD and Blue-Ray discs and now comsumers will get screwed into buying two players, plus owning their DVD player.
    Technologies like HD-DVD show up all the time... if they are good enough people will switch, if not they won't. If things like this didn't happen... all our music would still be on vinyl.

X-tracks came and did poorly.
    Cassettes came and did well.
    Micro cassettes came and did poorly.
    Compact Discs came and did well.
    Mini Discs came and did poorly.

Who know what the next technology will be... imagine if Phillips never went forward with compact discs because they could play cassettes. Much like biological evolution, technical evolution doesn't always have a direct logical connection each and every step of the way. Sometimes new technology is developed that has nothing to do with the existing standards... and consumers are responsible for this natural selection as it were.

Companies must consistently look beyond the next baby step... the death of innovation is the only alternative.

cheers,

catch

Biil Gates is the most successful theif of 20th Century, Eliminate microsoft please join
    www.****microsoft.com - The Microsoft Eradication Society.

(Since i get negative antipoints for just making a point, why not go all the way )

Banned
    Biil Gates is the most successful theif of 20th Century, Eliminate microsoft please join
    Love or hate Microsoft, love or hate Linux, love or hate Apple... it makes no difference.

Just do it intelligently... ****microsoft.com is nothing more than willfully ignorant, paranoid little kids. I have seen many, many very compelling anti-Microsoft arguments, but not one from those jokers.

They are the types of users who only dislike Microsoft because of its context, not on an absolute basis. (That is the hate it because it isn't free, because MS is so successful, because Steve Ballmer reminds them of a less funny Homer Simpson, whatever) The are the users who, if the roles were reversed and the operating systems were exactly the same would be hating Debian or RedHat, SuSE, whatever.

Call me crazy, but I don't care how software companies run their business... (in fact I prefer them to be evil... lets me know they'll be around for a while and are a safe investment) merely the suitability of their product to my needs.

warl0ck7, maybe you should leave the puerile BS somewhere else, or I'd expect a lot more negative points in your future.

cheers,

catch