Telecommunications Degree

Thread: Telecommunications Degree

Telecommunications Degree

Hi, I'm a high school student trying to plan out career options. I like school and do very well, so my options are still open. I like computers and electronics, and thought a double major in CS/EE would be a good degree to have, but I'm also fascinated with the telephone system. Can anyone with experience in the field tell me if telecommunications would be a major/minor type thing or just a technical certification? Thanks,
    Jared
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

hey

Telecomm Link

That is the Telecomm degree at my college ( the link to it is near the bottom of the page) its really hot right now and it is and will be an in demand field so i would check it out. but, personally my major is cyber security/info security which is also pretty popular. Hope this helps you out. Hit me up if you have more questions. bye,tyler.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Would it be a good feasable to get a triple-major? CS/EE/Telecom all have similar pre requistites so it wouldn't be too much extra work. Can anyone who does hiring tell me what impression that would give them of a perspective employee?
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Dude, if you did a triple major you would never do anything but school! that would be super hard but technically possible i guess but, all i have ever heard of is double majors.

edit: There is such a thing as being overqualified because if you get to overqualified employers wont want to hire you because they know you will ask for a lot of money to do your job(s).
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted