Hackers Admit to Wave of Attacks

Thread: Hackers Admit to Wave of Attacks

Hackers Admit to Wave of Attacks

More from the shady world of hack-for-cash . . .

An Ohio computer hacker who served as a digital button man for a shady internet hosting company faces prison time after admitting he carried out one of a series of crippling denial-of-service attacks ordered by a wealthy businessman against his competitors.
    "Every script kiddy on IRC had a shell there," says Andrew Kirch, a security administrator for the Abusive Hosts Blocking List. "Spamming, hacking, phishing, DDOS networks -- you want to run scans for a large amount of IP space for prevalent Windows vulnerabilities? Set up there."

In his plea agreement, Ashley admitted he knowingly allowed clients and employees to control networks of compromised Windows machines, or "bots," from Foonet.

That came in handy in October 2003, when Echouafni, a Foonet client, offered Ashley $1,000 to snuff out two websites.
    Article is two pages.

http://www.wired.com/news/privacy/0,...tml?tw=rss.TOP
    Wired News :: 02:00 AM Sep. 08, 2005 PT

Underground Bunker, somewhere in Antarctica
    Corporate warfare is nothing new, but I think that we are going to see an increase in these types of 'hacker-for-hire' situations in the very near future.
    I know your type, you think "I'll just get me a costume, rip off the neighborhood kids". Next thing you know, you've got a jet shaped like a skull with lasers on the front!
    -The Monarch.

Corporate warfare is nothing new, but I think that we are going to see an increase in these types of 'hacker-for-hire' situations in the very near future.
    ditto that.

What I think should be happening is law enforcement should be hunting out botnets, then tracking the owners of the botnet.

I have tracked down a few nets before, and It was simple. Hardly any botnetters bother to use SSL or something of that sort (I guess it would require quite a lot more extra coding.)

Oooh! So now we'll start seeing things like skidiot bounty hunters? Sweet! I wanna be Boba 'Kick Yo Skidiot Ass' Fett!
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */