Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: extraditions to Turkey

Don't forget that one of those suspected in the release of the Mytob and Zotob worms was arrested in Turkey.

Police in Morocco arrested Farid Essebar, 18, a Moroccan national born in Russia who used the online moniker "Diabl0." Authorities in Turkey arrested 21-year-old Atilla Ekici, known by the online alias "Coder."
    Essebar and Ekici are suspected of releasing the Zotob and Mytob computer worms that were designed to take advantage of flaws in Microsoft's widely used Windows operating system. The suspects' nicknames can be found in the original computer programming code for Zotob, according to the FBI and Microsoft Corp., both of which worked with overseas officials on the case.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...ogy/techpolicy
    Washington Post

If the action violates the law in that country (which is why your case is different, jinxy) and the two agencies are on good terms, I can't see what would stop them from nailing you. Extradition isn't an issue if you don't live in Turkey.

To me, Turkey seems the least likely candidate. Why not back woods Russia, China, Africa, SA ??

Ya but what about if you commit a crime against a US entity, from the US using a turkish proxy? The crime would be based out of the US just with a pit stop across the pond. Once again depending on how the turks decide to play ball, it wouldn't make you any less guilty.

Would it then be considered an international crime? or federal offense?

Say I use a turkish proxy and bust a webserver 1 block away from me in the USA, since the chain actually goes internaltional would it be a US federal offense since it is across state boundaries? Or would the local police step in as a result of it being a local matter? Interesting...
    kr5kernel
    (kr5kernel at hotmail dot com)
    Linux: Making Penguins Cool Since 1994.

Originally posted here by cacosapo
    Although US doenst have jurisdiction there, Countries allways try to cooperate on law aspects.
    As MsM said, diplomacy can solve that - and since AFAIK US and Turkey are "friends", i cant see a dificult to get this information, or even sue somebody on Turkey
    not /all/ countries try to cooperate. There are several that have made their names due to not cooperating with US officials in any way. The Grand Caymens are a perfect example. My former CEO raided a couple of company accounts and hauled ass down to GC. We had the FBI working on it but they told me there was not a thing they could do to someone that is located there as the authorities in that country would not help them.

As far as I know he is still down there living the big life. The US can't even freeze his assessts, unless he has them outside of the GC banking community. *sigh*

Sometimes I want to go down there to "visit" him.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sometimes I want to go down there to "visit" him.
    Then you'd propably be breaking a law there and hope they'll let you serve your sentence in the USA
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !