Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Katrina blame game

Katrina blame game

Look at what this DA came out and said.

"I'm going to go home and walk my dog and hug my wife, and maybe get a good Mexican meal and a stiff margarita and a full night's sleep," Michael Brown (FEMA)

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...,2100907.story

Are you shitting me....... while people are homeless, out of work, sleepless, living off peanuts and water......and missing their pets................... He's announced he's going to go home, get tore-up drunk, pet his dog, make love and pass out in his cozy bed.

Are you shitting me....... while people are homeless, out of work, sleepless, living off peanuts and water......and missing their pets................... He's announced he's going to go home, get tore-up drunk, pet his dog, make love and pass out in his cozy bed.
    Interesting post ... But think about it this way how many of us haven't done that for the last couple of days ?? Not trying to pick on you or anything !mitationRust but almost all of us are guilty of that as well ...

But I could very well see him reading some nasty snail mail for the next couple of days ....
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

What guilty? Who would be excluded?......I've done my part................I've found a way to effectively survive on a harsh terrain on a unforgiving planet known as Earth. I've earned my keep.............I feel a majority of Earth's current problems stem from a lack of education and too many parentless children being born. What can you do?.........Donate some monies to Aids relief and water exploration and drilling......tear in a bucket **** it. I'm satiated with the overall global humanitarian effort from this country as well. I don't loose sleep at night.

But this clown Brown and the local gov in NO they're special.

Hi Imitation,

FEMA...the great helper...wasn't FEMA accused recently of giving Pat killem'all Robertson money for the relief effort...apparently Patty was supposed to funnel it down to those in need...

ya right...

I don't know but I bet that oil jester from Hugo Chavez in Venezuela happened because of his words.

I bet he remembered those pictures of Bush praying.......
    http://www.empiriamagazin.com/Jeleni...ying-Bushy.jpg

Who else has Pat Robertson suggested America kill?

EDIT: Supposedly FEMA did their job in the past hurricanes, but wasn’t anywhere near prepared for a cat 5 in NO.

Debby would have to answer that question: If they did their job right before.

Hey Hey,

!mitationRust: I'm not trying to pick a fight here... and I'll try and be as polite as possible, but if you don't want me posting in your thread just send me a PM and I'll stop and request this post deleted.

Now on with the show...

I think that the entire quote should be posted if the thread is going to discuss it. Quoting just that part puts a very negative twist on the subject.

"I'm going to go home and walk my dog and hug my wife, and maybe get a good Mexican meal and a stiff margarita and a full night's sleep," Brown said. "And then I'm going to go right back to FEMA and continue to do all I can to help these victims."
    While the quote might have been a little out of place, as Agent_Steal said.. that's what everyone has been doing these past few nights. He's been in New Orleans for how long... he's being sent home and he's going to see his wife for the first time in how long... He has a right to that... and he's going right back to work after it.. I don't really think it was that bad.

Your comments do interest me though.

What guilty?
    You don't feel guilty that you have a warm bed while others are huddled for shelter?

I've done my part................I've found a way to effectively survive on a harsh terrain on a unforgiving planet known as Earth. I've earned my keep.............
    What have you done... How about examples? Where is this harsh terrain that you survive on?? Because you've got a cozy job that means you've done your part? Because you've got a roof over your head you've done your part? How's that earning your keep... Those people in New Orleans had the same things until a few weeks ago...

I feel a majority of Earth's current problems stem from a lack of education and too many parentless children being born.
    Who's fault is the lack of education? Some peopel can't afford it... Blame the governments that refuse to fund education... In Germany their education is paid for, here anyone can get government funding (although it's not always enough)... Not everywhere is like that.

As for the parentless children... Why are they parentless... Drugs and Alcohol have taken their parents because there weren't enough social programs in place to provide assistance... They froze to death on the street because there are underfunded shelters. There parents were sent of to fight someone elses war and died... How can society be blamed on that...

Neither of those have been major detriments to society... How about the ease at which certain people step into Violence, how about the desensitization of the public due to movies and video games with increased gore... How about the destruction of human rights around the world... or the allowance for religion to guide world leaders.. Those problems don't stem from parentless children and lack of education...

What can you do?.........Donate some monies to Aids relief and water exploration and drilling......tear in a bucket **** it. I'm satiated with the overall global humanitarian effort from this country as well. I don't loose sleep at night.
    So you're sleeping peacefully with your loved ones because your government as done enough to suit your needs, but then when a government official announces his plans for the day you attack him... Why is it all about AIDs relief, and water exploration.. If you're such a good humanitarian why aren't you pushing for more social programs, for less unneeded war, for less violence... for democratically elected officials that should be in place..

But this clown Brown and the local gov in NO they're special.
    He doesn't think he's special... he's paid his dues and deserves a decent meal..

Peace,
    HT

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Well in my opinion he didnt do a super bad job but, he could have done alot better too! so he deserves to go see his wife and get back to work and hopefully the guy taking over will get all the sh*t done and get those people back to normal as fast as possible.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

HT I could careless what you have to say.....since you've basically trivialized the Holocaust in the past.

I'm happy with who I am, what I've done, where I'm going, where I'm headed..... I sleep good in my bed.

Guilty for what? That a bunch of uneducated men bust a bunch of nuts around the world........no amount of money is going to stop that.......it's instinct at that level of knowledge.

Kid you haven't a clue how much philanthropic giving I do. More than what your car is worth.

UMmmmmmmmmmmmm......IT'S HIS JOB TO ACTUALLY STAY AND "HELP" THE PEOPLE HE'S SWORN TO PROTECT....... Brown's a ****-up like the rest of the local NO, LA gov....soon this will be all reveled. IT'S THEIR JOB TO HAVE A REAL PLAN AHEAD OF TIME. IT WAS THE MAYORS JOB TO GET THOSE PEOPLE ON BUSES AND MOVE THEM NORTH OUT OF A TEA CUP. etc......etc.......

They're in office to serve USSSSSSSSSSSSSSS If we want to ride their asses tough ****.... comes with politics.

Does anyone do their job anymore????

Damn shame this is in "cosmos"

HT I could careless what you have to say.....since you've basically trivialized the Holocaust in the past.
    A trivial, fat, ugly, sexually inadequate, canadian gobshite................just what AO wants as a "moderator"?

But, I might be predjudiced?

he could have done alot better too!
    You see Tex with some people they never do a good enough job ... It's always they could have done this that this that ....

But tell people to do something about it and the first thing most people do will be throw you an excuse as to why then cant ...

UMmmmmmmmmmmmm......IT'S HIS JOB TO ACTUALLY STAY AND "HELP" THE PEOPLE HE'S SWORN TO PROTECT....... Brown's a ****-up like the rest of the local NO, LA gov....soon this will be all reveled. IT'S THEIR JOB TO HAVE A REAL PLAN AHEAD OF TIME. IT WAS THE MAYORS JOB TO GET THOSE PEOPLE ON BUSES AND MOVE THEM NORTH OUT OF A TEA CUP. etc......etc.......
    Question if you were in the same situation as him what would you do ???

If you think that they did such a bad job then why dont you run for office ??? It's easy to criticize the way someone does their job when one hasn't really been in the position at all ...

Does anyone do their job anymore????
    They do but obviously you have people who will never be satisfied ...
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam