Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Graham

Michael Graham

ABC Radio Fires Talk Show Host Michael Graham

Link to Article

Washington, D.C. (AHN) - Michael Graham, the popular radio talk show host from Washington, D.C. has been fired by the ABC Radio Networks for comments linking Islam and terrorism.

Graham was broadcasting his program from WMAL until a few weeks ago when the Islamic organization Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) put pressure on the network to fire Graham after he made an analogy of the Boy Scouts compared to an Islam saying:

"If the Boy Scouts of America had 1,000 scout troops, and 10 of them practiced suicide bombings, then the BSA would be considered a terrorist organization," Graham says. "If the BSA refused to kick out those 10 troops, that would make the case even stronger. If people defending terror repeatedly turned to the Boy Scout handbook and found language that justified and defended murder and the scoutmasters in charge simply said 'Could be' the Boy Scouts would have driven out of America long ago."

Graham issued the following response to World Net Daily: "It appears that ABC Radio has caved to an organization that condemns talk radio hosts like me, but has never condemned Hamas, Hezbollah, and one that wouldn't specifically condemn al-Qaida for three months after 9-11.As a fan of talk radio, I find it absolutely outrageous that pressure from a special interest group like CAIR can result in the abandonment of free speech and open discourse on a talk radio show. As a conservative talk host whose job is to have an open, honest conversation each day with my listeners, I believe caving to this pressure is a disaster."
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Hey Hey,

I'll keep my opinions out of this as to not ruin the post but I do have a question just for my own personal knowledge.

How many people here listen to or I guess have listened to this guy and Support him, believe what he says, like him?

Peace,
    HT

honestly HT, i never heard of him until about 2 weeks ago...but i have heard about CAIR.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Originally posted here by Tedob1
    honestly HT, i never heard of him until about 2 weeks ago...but i have heard about CAIR.
    Hey Hey,

Thanks for the feedback. I can see how a lot of their stuff is making them 'friends of terrorists', however that DanielPipes.org site has a few things listed that I've seen several groups do and that there really isn't anything terrorist about... It's amazing how some people will support something if one organization does it or 'commits it' but condemn another organization for doing the same thing.

This Graham guy seems like a real piece of work though.

Peace,
    HT

I've never even heard of the guy. *shrug*
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

agreed that danial pipes is to the right of conservative but his links are all to articles (most of which i had already read) in news papers so it's easier to just post his one page. i came accross it while looking for info on Michael Graham. IMO a few of his links are rather enlightening.

Originally posted here by Tedob1
    agreed that danial pipes is to the right of conservative but his links are all to articles (most of which i had already read) in news papers so it's easier to just post his one page. i came accross it while looking for info on Michael Graham. IMO a few of his links are rather enlightening.
    Definately, some of them were a very interesting read and some were even a little disturbing to see, but there was definately bias evident..

Peace,
    HT

your right HT. like the one about hillary...sorry i even wasted my time reading it. such garbage! (and i dont even like hillary) So all...just keep an open mind in both directions.

On the surface, his analogy is a reasonable one. It makes sense. But then, as with most analogies, when you think on it a little bit more, it kind of falls apart.

Let's take Christian Conservatives who bomb abortion clinics. They're all part of the Christian religion. Is it any less terrorism to bomb an abortion clinic because you disagree with their views than it is to bomb a bus or a building that harbors "infidels"? Not really...both are terrorism.

They use the Bible as their handbook for murdering doctors. They haven't been driven out of the Christian religion. I haven't seen Christianity driven out of the US yet, either.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

The situation isn't ripe yet. In 1936, the only people speaking out
    against fascism were ignored because they were viewed as biased,
    and communist inspired. In 1938, people were still undecided.
    By 1945, everyone swore "I was against those fascists all along!"

Only time will tell, but how much time do we have? The situation will not
    stand still. It will get better, or worse. Where are the civil libertarians
    and advocates of a free press? Once de-facto censorship has become the
    norm, we will be deprived of the opportunity to hear an open discussion.

I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.