Thread: folder tree in win98 explorer missing

Thumbs down folder tree in win98 explorer missing

hi guys, its me again thanks to all the people who replied in my previuos threads!

My next problem is folder tree in win98 explorer is missing. How can I retrieve this guys?

I already try to search microsoft articles... can help me out... pls. my customer is really shock that here folder tree is missing.

This might be virus? or whatever.
    POST PLS.

Hi Jin~

1. What happens when he opens Explorer?..............nothing? an error message? What I am asking is is the problem that Explorer is screwed up, or has he just lost some data/applications?

2. Have you tried it in safe mode?

3. Look in the recycle bin..................you know what users are like

4. <start> <run> winfile

That is the old DOS file manager that ships with Windows up to ME. It should let you check what is actually there. Some malware will disable explorer but most forget winfile.exe

You should get an updated AV and run that in safe mode

Good luck

Banned
    In Windows 2000 you can enable or disable the Folders list by selecting View|Explorer bar|Folders. (Or the Folders button on the buttonbar.)
    I assume you have tried that already. In that case, your <edit>Windows installation</edit> is damaged. (If not, oops.) Just checking...

My next problem is folder tree in win98 explorer is missing. How can I retrieve this guys?
    In Windows 2000 you can enable or disable the Folders list by selecting View|Explorer bar|Folders. (Or the Folders button on the buttonbar.)
    I assume you have tried that already. In that case, your system is damaged.

Regal Making Handler
    When you say explorer tree is missing, is the right click on start then click explore???????????

This can be caused by sellecting multiple drives within TweekUI. Open tweekui, look at the drive seek tab? sorry it's been a long time since i messed with 98, not sure where it is. But within this tab there is a list of possible drives, if there are multiple drives in the list that are checked uncheck them. This will cure the problem.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Open a Dos prompt and experiment with command line options
    to see if you can get it to open properly. You may have inadvertently
    changed something in a menu, but you may need to research
    registry settings to put it back right.

http://www.mvps.org/PracticallyNerde...d_Switches.htm
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.