Vista Hardware From The Horse's Mouth

Thread: Vista Hardware From The Horse's Mouth

Vista Hardware From The Horse's Mouth

There has been endless speculation on what this beast will need for wheels. Here's what someone from Microsoft has to say :

Nigel Page is a strategist with Microsoft Australia. He told APC today that Vista would work best on a video card with more than 256MB RAM, 2GB of DDR3 memory and a S-ATA 2 hard drive. Here's what he said, more-or-less verbatim (we left out boring bits).
    http://www.apcstart.com/teched/pivot/entry.php?id=6

Banned
    I just read that at slashdot today.

So... you need 4x more hardware to run vista than what you need for XP. What benefit will it have? Haven't they already introduced most of the security benefits in XP SP2? What do we get? Some cool new flashy graphics with an overhauled "clippy"? Do I get a new 3d solitare or something? I say that because of the 256mb graphics card... They've already taken out the new command line and new file system, AFAIK. So, what does that leave?

It leaves the hardware manufacturers in a very good position to make a hell of a profit. Not to mention m$...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

2gb of RAM you won't see me with Windows Vista...
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

********** |ceWriterguy
    Gee, 2 gigs of ram. In 5 years time that'll be chump change. Let me run right out and start designing a mobo/processor setup just to fit it!
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!