Thread: cpu problem maybe's¢Õ

cpu problem maybe's¢Õ

Hi, all been awhile since I posted but I always turn back to the real help Anyways I've worked on computers for a long time, built mine which im on now, but my friends has been collecting dust on my table for too long now, what is happening is when i try to boot a win98 cd, my keyboard and everything freezes up, the screen where it asks if you want to boot from cd or boot to c:, has a 10 second countdown that is also froze, no matter what cd or disk i try it freezes, I pulled the ram out and put back in, im just not sure, but just thought i'd see if anyone has ever seen or heard of this, I had never seen this till know. thanks

I think there is more at play here..

your saying that when the Win98 CD boot starts it gets to theBoot from CD or Hard drive promt? then Freezes?

Ok so have you checked the cmos battery? reset the BIOS? are you able to get a live OS runnig on the machine..
    IS the keyboard and or mouse USB?
    How old is the MoBo.. brand and model
    You say
    no matter what cd or disk i try it freezes
    on the disk i assume you mean ta Win98 Boot floppy? this dosent have this question.. what point do you get to on the FDD boot?
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr