Thread: Image Placement

Image Placement

OK...here we goooooooo...

Having only played with HTML and CSS for a couple of weeks now ( and doing pretty good so far even if I do say so myself )...every once-in-awhile I hit a snag...

I'm trying to find out how I can insert images into the sides of my blogs...example...

http://egalitariangraphics.blogspot.com/
    Egalitarian Graphics

you'll notice that everything left and right is just wasted space...I'd like to fill that space with pictures and advertising space for rent blocks...

how can I do this? In simple language that a two week old veteren could understand

if you need to look at the page source and tell me where and how to place what I want.

Thanks,

Eg

Regal Making Handler
    Eg,

I think it is down to the template you picked, you may be able to edit it. I think it was done using tables. It was not done using frames? I think. Whoo I just thought, my head hearts now
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    If you can edit the default html file, like Jinxy said, then it can be done. A simple way, especially if your not concerned with lower resolutions, is to use the division tag ( <div></div&gt and to use css to position it.

You can use tables to do it, but it might take you awhile for it to turn out the way you want it.

-kurt

Hi jinxy/kurt,

I've edited practically every...make that every...blog there, in one way or another...the problem is I don't know what code I should be using..

eg. <div>
    <align: right>

this kind of stuff...if I see it I can manipulate it pretty good to get what I want...I've manipulated some code already and got the desired effect...

but I don't know how to make code from scratch...blind...so...I need to see an example and then I can play with it.

Eg

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    Code:
     <html>
      <head>
      <title>Example</title>
     <style type="text/css">
     .leftad{
     position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px;
     width: 100px;
     height: 300px;
     }