About Computer Science
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About Computer Science

About Computer Science

Hello, im doing a project on why computer science is important in schools. If some of you could tell me why you think computer science is important or why its important to you, that would be great. thanks in advance -zach
    Share on Google+

You're kidding right? You want us to come up with all of the ideas for you? Why don't you tell use why YOU think its important and we'll comment on your opinion.
    Share on Google+

Why computer science is important to me.

By dino

Because it pays my bills, provides reasons / excuses to drink (like I need reasons), and creates chaos in which order is only achieved by AO.

See not doing doing

/sorry all I'm stuck in a meeting room and no one is making any sense. bunch if babbling idiots
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0
    Share on Google+

Originally posted here by dinowuff
    Because it pays my bills, provides reasons / excuses to drink (like I need reasons),
    Aren't those one and the same? Paying your bar tab? :P
    Share on Google+

thats such an easy question to answer, just about any reason you can think of is a valid answer.
    That topic seems simple in nature-are you in high school zach?
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!
    Share on Google+

Well... what kind of schools? High School? College?

My short answer:

If high school... then it teaches you how to use computers which you will have to use for just about everything in college. If in college, then it teaches you skills that you will need in the "real world" for your everyday work.

Now... it goes back whether specific areas of Computer Science are important. Is it important to know the specific details of how computers work and the different architectures to send an email or use a word processor? How about writing a program?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.
    Share on Google+

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Computer science isn't important in schools. They teach you a load of **** which you then have to unlearn at uni. In fact most computing in schools is complete bollocks. Computing teachers are employed to teach you concepts and techniques which are 5 years out of date.

Most teachers are *******s. You teacher is probably an ******* getting you to write a report with the bunch of arse topic of 'Why computer science is important to me'. I worked in a school for 3 years, teachers are twats = fact! You teacher is asking you this question to justify his/her miserable existance.

Tell him his subject is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike and he should drag his, no doubt, alcoholic ass down to the job centre if this is the best he can come up with.

Please feel free to quote me in your essay.

(My views may be skewed today due to being in a really bad mood).
    Share on Google+

Aspman: What can I say other than "wow".
    You're trying to get this "kid" into "in school detention" or even a teacher/parent meeting? LoL
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.
    Share on Google+

hey, not all computer science in high school is bad....thats where i learned C++
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!
    Share on Google+

Originally posted here by phishphreek80
    Aspman: What can I say other than "wow".
    You're trying to get this "kid" into "in school detention" or even a teacher/parent meeting? LoL
    I'm with Aspman - may I offer another reason. The teacher had to write such a stupid topic while in school. So now you have to
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0
    Share on Google+