a weird problem?

Thread: a weird problem?

Question a weird problem?

hello everyone, i am new here! i got a weird problem about my network connections. this is what's going on: i have a desktop and a laptop. i use Linksys Wireless Router to connet to my cable modem. i wanted to use internet on both my computers by sharing this router at a time. my desktop has Linksys wireless-G network adapter (which it came with the Router), and it is working fine with internet connection. my laptop has Intel Proset/wirelss network adapter which builded in the laptop, and it is ok to connect to the Linksys Wireless Router, BUT it doesnt allow me to connect to the internet. when i used wire to connect to the router, it works fine. i thought it might be the wireless setting problem, but two computers have some setting of internet . i thought might be Linksys Wireless Router doesnt allow two wireless connections, but i wasnt sure? any suggestions? Think U for your concern! GOD bless u all!

Is Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) enabled on the PC connected to the internet ?
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

are both machines set to use the same security mode (WEP, WPA, WPA-PSK)? Have you tried changing the type of security used on all machines your using or re-setting the passphrase?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 The Prophet said, Isnt the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man? The women said, Yes. He said, This is because of the deficiency of a womans mind.

thank you! i never knew there is a Internet Connection Sharing. thank you for tought me that! what i found out is that Internet Connection Sharing is one compute connect to another computer by using I394 or other connetion to use shared internet connection in that computer. but i have a wireless router. if i want to go around my house, i can't do that with a I394 cable, but you show me another way to connet to internet. i tried it, and it worked out, but i want to go wireless!! thank you!

the desktop has the security setting, the laptop doesnt. it has to do with security?

the weird thing about this problem is sometime the laptop could connet to the internet, but most of time it couln't.

ICS has nothing to do with this. You say you can Connect to the router, that means your security should be ok.

I would suggest you try to reset the internet settings.
    Go to Control panel and open Internet Options.
    Go to the tab labeld "Connections", hit Set up and walk through the set up selecting the options best for you, probably something like
    >"Connect through network device or other computer"
    > "Broad band connection, always on"

then reboot...

I'v had similar problems before where windows simply refuses to use an internet connection without going through these steps.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag D landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kj熳leik elske med.

i tried to change settings, but it's still not working! i found out that the profile i need to connect to isnt right! any help???