Thread: Data Center Standards

Question Data Center Standards

hello alll~

I am looking for some information reguarding Data Center Standards. The data center at my current work location is a bit dated, there are no wire trays the floor is only raised 6 -10 inches off the floor, AC doesnt flow through the ground and up from the bottom of the server trays, there are no humidity/temp monitors in our server room.... the list goes on...

I am in a position if i can move quickly (before fiscal year end) i can get funding to redo a lot of our server room. Well in order for me to do this I need to get proof and standards for Data Center/Server rooms. I need industry standards and recommendations for everthing.

Eg: Floor height, height of cable trays, standard for how they should be ran, standard for power, cooling, humidty... etc

What we have: 40 servers, in 10 different racks and then a pc farm, switch cabinets, an operator, 20 more PCs, all in a 30' X 20' room. Cabling runs everywhere (including over power lines). I need to know what the approx adequate cooling system would look like as well as all the other info I need standards on.

Also our ceiling is older than crap so i would need to know the pros/cons to changing to a dropped ceiling and why we should instead of the tobacco staind one we have now.

Thanks in advance

-Spy
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.