Cat powered car...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cat powered car...

Cat powered car...

Normally when you're driving and you see a cat in the middle of the road... most people would slow down to allow the cat to get out of the way. Not anymore!

Cat Fueled Car

Sick... just sick.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    I've got 2 cats. They're big'uns too. Hmmm the lass wouldn't be too please to see her little Tootsie's tail sticking out my fuel cap.

I wonder if it works on other road kill. I see dead deer every other day, might get a tank out of one of those.

I really like cats, so I could never bring myself to using cats at fuel.
    I have two at my house and one at my SO's house.

I have two dogs too... but I prefer cats to dogs. They are so much easier to take care of.
    Want to leave for the weekend? No problem. Refresh the water, food and litter box and you're good.

With dogs, you have to bribe the neighbors to come over several times a day to let them out and take them on walks... or put them in a shelter.

But I do wonder WHY cats vs some other animal. I was trying to search for more relating to this but I don't read/speak german. Maybe some of german reading/speaking member can shed some light on this? Though... I doubt that this guy will divulge TOO much info on it. Maybe they just want the animal fats? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biodiesel
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Unfortunately, this guy has chosen a pre-existing term as the marketing name for his fuel. The "biodiesel" defined in the wiki link above is the typical definition for the generic term. Most biodiesel I know of is created from soybeans.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09...s_fuel_diesel/
    However, Dr Christian Koch, 55, from Kleinhartmannsdorf says he doesn't use cats after all, rather spoiling things for punsters hoping to make jokes about putting a tiger in your tank. Any old biomatter will do: old tyres, paper, textiles, plastics weeds and so on.
    Originally posted here by roswell1329
    Most biodiesel I know of is created from soybeans.
    In the Netherlands they make Biodiesel from rapeseed oil..
    There are experiments on the way for general use as we speak..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

That's messed up.Remind me never to bring my pet cat to germany.
    Scream If This Hurts Chica.

Banned
    Hmmm... This has promise... There are quite a few cats around my house, and gas is like $3 a gallon right now.

Banned
    According to Reuters the inventor never mentioned that it would run on dead cats. Apparantly someone wanted to juice up the story.

mmmmmmmm hhmmmm, just listen to that engine purr...
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!

Banned
    inventor never mentioned that it would run on dead cats

Well... dead or alive, I don't see any reason you can't turn a cat into biodiesel. Even if the inventor didn't specifically mention it. And I see several reasons why this is a good use for cats. I won't get into the reasons... I don't need to get banned again.

Wouldn't it be cool to be able to just "adopt" a tank of gas from the SPCA or something?