Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where I say Rita's going to land

Where I say Rita's going to land

This is based off my experience of viewing the weather channel. The high pressure over LA will not shield this beast from its northerly track.

********** |ceWriterguy
    Let us hope this is not the case, but I also noted a northward turn earlier when watching satellite photos of Rita. I'm still banking with what NOAA's saying though - between Houston and Galveston. The big question here is wondering if Rita is so freaking massive that it really doesn't matter where she lands and the whole of the Houston-New Orleans gulf coast gets hit hard...
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

The high pressure over LA will not shield this beast from its northerly track.
    That makes sense to me, the LA high is no way big enough, Rita will just push it out of the way. You would need a high pressure system like those over the polar ice caps to impact on a cyclone of this magnitude.

The only thing that will affect it are local variations in sea temperature/currents. In theory a low of much greater intensity might suck it off course, but there aren't any around (thank God!)

i said a few days ago...before it entered the gulf and already it looks like im wrong but i said.... brownsville (down towards Mexico)! but the last projection i saw put it around beaumont/Lake Charles(La)

-----------
    side note for the fisher guys: in the brackish marsh in the beaumont/port aurther area they fish for red snapper. if its under 18" you have to throw it back by law because its too small...over 56 inchs its a breeder and also must be thrown back.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

This is about 6 hours ago:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh.../230304.shtml.

It looks like the concentric eyewall cycle is nearing completion and it is passing over a warm current, this is not good, as it will cause the thing to regenerate.

The other problem is that it is going to linger around for several days so there will be a hell of a lot of rain. People much further inland need to watch for this, as they will face flash floods, mudslides and the like.

Last prediction:

We have a levee break on one of the canals in the 9th ward home of the Calio housing projects. Waist deep water early in the game.

Originally posted here by Tedob1
    i said a few days ago...before it entered the gulf and already it looks like im wrong but i said.... brownsville (down towards Mexico)! but the last projection i saw put it around beaumont/Lake Charles(La)

-----------
    side note for the fisher guys: in the brackish marsh in the beaumont/port aurther area they fish for red snapper. if its under 18" you have to throw it back by law because its too small...over 56 inchs its a breeder and also must be thrown back.
    That's why I wait until the last second....more professional that way.

Usually wherever they have the weather channel person at, that’s not where it's going. This thing is going to rain a sh!t storm down on NO regardless. I don't think she's going to let go of the eastern Gulf.

Game wardens...ha...I was busted for leaving 75 yards of gill net out at night during the winter.

i wonder if they'll blame white supremists for this levy break as well...i can almost hear Farrakhan now "there was too much of the black neighborhoods left standing so they went to finish the job...".
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Rita is now a cat 3, which is smaller but it will still suck since Katrina just blew through and F'ed everything up already.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Originally posted here by Tedob1
    i wonder if they'll blame white supremists for this levy break as well...i can almost hear Farrakhan now "there was too much of the black neighborhoods left standing so they went to finish the job...".
    God...... could you believe that? What did they say a few weeks ago?........" the white man shot a rocket through the wall"

Crack-cocaine addled minds. Those people have one purpose and that's to divide the US. Americans paid out over or almost 1 billion dollars out of their own pocket to give to the AMERICAN victims, who 80%+ were "black". I bet the majority of philanthropic giving was out of the "white mans" pockets. Any idiot can tell that's BS.......Dean coming out like that was just cherry. I heard a lot of the Euro news was running that type of stuff, basically unchallenged news.... typical.

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Originally posted here by !mitationRust
    I heard a lot of the Euro news was running that type of stuff, basically unchallenged news.... typical.
    I did'nt hear about the local situation in the US re RITA. I am sitting here with half a dozen live news feeds 17:04 UK from KHOU / WDSU /KTRK /4WWL /KPLC / FOX8 + Multiview ---- "basically unchallenged news.... typical"
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)