Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Hackers are all B@#t@rds

Hi As,

I guess I made that same gender assumption...of course I come from a generation where names were clearly defined...all Kelly's I knew were girls...like the Johnny Cash song ' A boy named Sue ' not too many parents gave boys girl's names.

On one side you have a group of people who see nothing wrong with breaking into systems and calling themselves "hackers" , while on the other side the good side you have a group of people who spent a good amount of time selling you snake oil ... difference being ???
    Like I said...it is cloudy...if these Hackers would all start utilizing their talents to put spammers, virus/trojan writers, crackers, phishers, child pr0ners, etc...out of business...the perception of the term Hackers would greatly increase as being associated with ' the good guys '...but when you have people like Milnik calling himself an ex-hacker in reference to being ' one of the bad guys ' then of course the general public is going to see the term Hacker as a bad thing.

Eg

Hi there Egaladeist

if these Hackers would all start utilizing their talents to put spammers, virus/trojan writers, crackers, phishers, child pr0ners, etc..
    Actually Egaladeist he does mention that in his article ... But then what would they do for work ???

It was much easier to attack systems back then, too, but few people bothered -- everyone was more interested in making it all work and in building new and amazing things
    And then in the last five years, it's become all about penetration-exploit-and-profit, and actually quite nasty.
    But this is were most things have gone know .. Both with criminals and corporates

I think that both sides are responsible for the damage that has been going on ... It's always much easier to put the blame on one side then actually look at oneself and ponder. Corporate Company Guy : What have I done to cause this ???

B.T.W. you should take a look at all the replies that he has gotten pretty crazy ..
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

terribly sorry, HE should be raped to death with a thousand strapons. lol.

Yes, I read the article, the language in it is somewhat more dosile than the bold faced ignorance in the title, but the generalization is what really bugs me, I pride myself on my hacker status, I've made alot of sacrifices to get where I am and people have got me grouped together with the very scumbag *******s I'm sworn to protect them from.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

Hi there x acidreign x I think that the line is so thin nowadays that's it probably too hard to tell who is a hacker and who isn't ... Hell you got so many damn titles thrown around that people are like uh w.t.f. White Hat, Black Hat, Grey Hat, Cracker, Hacker , Script Kiddie ???

Hell with it lets just call them all Hackers so much easier ....
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Aye x acidreign x,

Tis' thy life of thy Hero young Knight, don't ya let it be frettin' ya none, all o' thy guts and none of the glory, someone has to pay thy price...don't be frettin' ya'll not be ov'r looked, ya deservin' a King's ransom ya'll be gettin' one I'm sure.

My extremely ba...excellent impression of Sean Connery

( it's 5:49am and I've been up vitually all night...impressions of 15th century Scots tells me I should have went to bed hours ago )

Eg