Thread: Cheap computers

Cheap computers

Does anyone know a good place to get cheap/second hand PCs and laptops from?

Somewhere in the world! ...

Where do you live? I know of a good shop in Japan and Iraq ....
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

If you happen to live near a large DoD Base, every-so-often they sell their older computers (minus any software) for a very reasonable price. You will most likely have to buy several, but even then the cost is really low. That office is the: "DRMO" (Defense Reutilization and Marketing).

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Angry

APART FROM EBAY! 'Cause ebay doesn't guarrantee that you'll get it, does it?! (except the 1 in a million chance that it'll be 'Buy now')

I don't know if I got him wrong, but he said PLACE, not a website .... if you are looking for something online .. check eBay .... or use google ....
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

I wish i could neg you again

Like everyone who has bothered themselves to reply to you has asked, WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Talking I'm from England

I'm from Chorley, England

Cheap Computers

Hi hackerjacker
    The cheapest place that I've found in the North West (of the UK) is Planet Micro and they can be found at Castlefield Industrial Estate, Beresford Street, Failsworth, Manchester
    (just off Oldham Road) Telephone Number: 0870 745 3555

********** |ceWriterguy
    nokia - I can but haven't yet.

Hackerwanker - Please, use some semblance of intellect. You're giving the brits here a bad rep. Although *finally* answering their question was a decent start, promptness is greatly appreciated when you're the one asking questions. You might find decent deals on systems either on ebay, by googling for them, or checking pricewatch.com if you're into building your own systems. I would also suggest checking out your local telephone directory for small computer businesses. Usually a smaller computer business has several refurbished legacy systems they're willing to sell off at a reasonable price.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!