Hi Guys. Need some expert opinion here. Mcafee as per above is running high cpu utilisation on Win2k Machines. Run all adware applications I could think of, but to now avail, the Services.exe runs at 100% and so does the Mcshield after the Services.exe stops. It does this continuously for minutes to hours on end. it does not affect all my network win2k machines and none of My XP Boxen. When I unplug Hosts, the problem abaits. When I reconnect its ok for a couple of mins and then, its back. Dropped ethereal on the boxen, picks up nothing from host that could be deemed anomylous. Used Filemon 7.3 and only get UPdate UI.exe (procees of Mcafee) running all the time, even though my policy is only set to eforce policy every hour (Epo). The Services.exe writes to an event log in application events. Any help? Googled and Googled now am the end of my tether! oh and here, http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=44560 in case anyone wonders if mcafee could help. someone else had exact same problem and has recieved no response. This fits my problem exactly btw.

Win2k
sp4 plus all hotfixes, running SUS and migrating to WSUS
256 MB Ram
2.6 Ghz Processors
40 GB HDD
Flat, network No A.D.

For Funaki's sake Help!!!!