Thread: Marky RAMONE

Marky RAMONE

No he didn't pass away.

But there are those in Cosmos who "appreciate" the lagacy of the Ramones. As if I needed another reason to subscribe to Sirius... Marky Romone has his own weekly punk show....

Marky Ramone's Punk Rock Blitzkrieg

Tuesdays 8 pm ET on Faction // Ch. 28

The Ramones weren't just a punk band: For many, they epitomized everything cool about punk rock. Listen Tuesday nights as long-time drummer Marky Ramone plays live, rare and archival Ramones material, plus music that influenced the band and classic and contemporary punk. He'll also host live in-studio guests and take calls from listeners. That could be you... talking to one of the Ramones. Pretty cool.

Rebroadcasts Saturday nights at 10 pm ET on SIRIUS Disorder // Ch. 24.

What better way to spend a Tuesday evening?

FCK YAH!

//EDIT Source
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go... Wait I think I'm still sedated.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

No doubt about it. The Ramones are one of the best ever.

Heh, great band.

the bands they liked? Well, oldschool 50's style rock. That's always been the back bone of punk, and anyone who telsl you otherwise is a ****ing poser. Lol.

Rammstein love them too, they covered Pet Cemetery live once and dedicated it to Joey. Negative should be in here soon. And Neg, I WANT THAT JACKET.

It wasn't just the punk genre they influenced. Huge bands like U2 have given them credit countless times on stage for their gift to the world of music and influence. Can't wait to hear Marky tonight!!!!!!

If you don't have a subscription run over to Sirius.com and sign up for an online demo and listen up. You get three days for a demo. Some channels are locked out but not this one. Or wait until Saturday night when your totally buzzed and punk out on the rebroadcast. Best thing, NO FCKING COMMERCIALS. Oh and next week make sure you head over to 27 Hard Attack after the show for some Katrina Metal uncensored and commercial free. Theyv'e been playing alot of german bands lately on 27... and yes it's NOT Ramstein.

Bloody Roots Praises New Orleans Metal
    Tonight 9:00 pm ET
    As the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina develops, the heavy metal community of New Orleans regroups and plots its next move. We salute the unique metal heritage of NOLA with tracks by Eyehategod, Soilent Green, Crowbar, Down, Exhorder, Superjoint Ritual, and many more. We’ll have crisis updates from evacuated musicians, plus information on what you can do to help. Know your swamp roots!

Oh and NEXT WEEK DARK METAL after an hour or two of punk...

Bloody Roots Salutes American Black Metal
    Tues 9/27 9:00 pm ET
    Every heart bleeds true for the red, white, and black! Join Bloody Roots for a blistering, raw coast-to-coast survey of the masters of American black metal, including cryptic cult tracks by Summon, Xasthur, Leviathan, Absu, Fog, Villians, NME, Viking Crown and more! Unholy black metal: It's not just for Scandinavia any more. Know your roots!
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

Black Metal in America? Isn't that an oxy moron?

And where the hell is Acid Bath on that list?

And Rammstein aren't metal.

lol.......black metal is best left up to the good people on the Scandinavian Peninsula.

Gore what is that white bass of yours?

It's my starter bass from when I first started playing. It's a Peavy Millstone 2. Cheap but very good Bass. The blue one you may have seen is an Ibanez. Another great one.

Now, I need to make a post on how I went nuts today and blew 1600 dollars..... I have 3 routers now, and I just got the Ramones RAW DVD, and the BIG ass "Weird tales of then Ramones" 3 CD 1 DVD set I found for 60 dollars, and the 10 CDs and 11 other DVDs I bought along with a **** load of hardware and software. And I'm not done.

Well when you're not a rockstar and guitar companies aren't giving you free equipment something has to give. I own a Fender Jag Cobain special, ESP LTD M-100FM (Flattus Maximus GWAR uses)

But recently I wanted Slash's les paul....so I bought a replica (Made in China) for a bill twenty....on the second day I took out the gay P90's and dropped in Slash's Seymour Duncan alnico II pro pickup's in for under $85 ......

In a perfect world I'd have a ESP AXXION signed by the ESP god. Lefty of course. Surely this relic could not be forged by the hands of ordinary men........only a true God could invoke its powers.

And Rammstein aren't metal.

True, I would paint them maybe industrial but they have many cross over tunes. Sort if inside joke since Hard Attack (Sirius channel) plays alot of german bands including, I think, too many Ramstein. But hey America likes 'em, me included. Trying to get a german industrial show going with more dark tunes and industrial metal. When that happens I'll be taking my ass here and posting more Sirius greenie rants in fact here's one for for gore and Negative..... stoner rock. Those song lists are only about the current show they change weekly and they do play Acid bath and A LOT of demo tapes of new bands. Love those....

Contact High
    Wednesdays 9 pm - 10 pm ET
    Friday Morning Stoner Replay 2 am - 3 am ET
    Tune in, toke up and rock out! Join host Bobby Black (bblack@sirius-radio.com) from High Times for an hour of the sludgiest, most psychedelic and potent stoner rock ever. Smoke out to tracks from bands like Kyuss, FuManchu, Nebula, High On Fire, Monster Magnet and many more. Remember, it's not illegal to listen!

Oh in fact you can search bands on a fan site.... in this case a tribute to Acid Bath - linkopik

Hey gore ever hear Six Feet Under's Amerika the Brutal. That is my fav of the day.
    West of House