Thread: Help with Adobe

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar

Thumbs up Help with Adobe

hello members of AO. I have a question with Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Full version. Let's say I downloaded a .pdf document from the Internet and I wanted to modify that .pdf document where would you go in Adobe Acrobat 6.0 to modify it? Can you even modify .pdf files with Adobe? I was at a business today and one of the ladies asked me how to do it. Well, after I played with the software I couldn't find where to do it neither could the other I.T Tech that was with me, was dumbfounded. I never really used Adobe, except to open .pdf files. All help is greatly appreciated.

quick search

http://www.york.ac.uk/services/cserv...al/editing.htm

or download PDF Editor (free trial) ....
    O.G at A.O

AOs Resident Troll
    some PDFs are protected...so you cannot edit

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    Thank you for the fast replies. When you say

Is there a way to find out which .PDFs are protected?

Originally posted here by Computernerd22
    Thank you for the fast replies. When you say

Is there a way to find out which .PDFs are protected?
    Click file => Document Security {Alt+Crtl+S}.... here u can know what is allowded what it not ...

With edit-allowded files .. you can add links change colors ... or highlight words .... if you want to make major changes you have to copy the content to a word document and then save it as a PDF ....

PDF maker: www.pdf995.com ====> write your ducoment with WORD and then Print it to PDF
    Tutorial: ... http://etd.byu.edu/creation/PDFs/Ado...obeAcrobat.pdf

Cheers
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Originally posted here by morganlefay

MLF
    Hello MLF,

some PDFs are protected, this mean that you don't have permission to edit any infomration in the file {They put some silly protection to prevent casual users from editing them, this mean am professional }, but this does not mean that you can not edit them, technically speaking. There are still ways to do that ....

Cheers
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster