Thread: Remove signature

Remove signature

I always wondered why this site would let you add and edit a signature but from what I've seen there has never been a "remove this signature" option. If you do actually try to remove everything then no changes take effect at all. Instead it forces you to insert stuff that isn't funny or doesn't make sense... like stuff Confucius would say or stuff from bash.org

Well in order to "get rid of a signature" lets say instead you've found out that you can use bold tags in between a " " <- (space without quotation marks). Thats nearly eight or so bytes worth of junk for a line at the bottom of your posts which is no longer needed or wanted for that matter.

Hi MSE,

All you have to do to delete the signature...select-delete-save.

If you do actually try to remove everything then no changes take effect at all. Instead it forces you to insert stuff that isn't funny or doesn't make sense... like stuff Confucius would say or stuff from bash.org
    Now...that is odd???

Eg

I beleave I've made it very clear that it won't allow you do that.

Edit: I dunno... I just find it funny we have features here to remove some very ugly and very embarrassing images from profiles and what-not yet you have to jump through hoops to get rid of a signature. Seems kinda backwards don't it? You'd figuer people would sort of hide the "Remove pr0n images" feature from users instead.

Hi MSE,

That definitely is weird...I tried it three times and it wouldn't let me...even did a site search for this problem and nothing came up...even Googled...did a JupiterMedia search...no luck.

Guess they just forgot to install a way to delete it...every other site I attend you can.

Eg