need an advice
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: need an advice

Cool need an advice

there is a person who persecute me via Internet.
    he creates profiles on adult and dating sites with texts directly saying or supposing prostitution services, posts photos of mine sometimes along with adult photos (not mine) with abusive subscriptions containing my name, gives to contacting him men my e-mails and my MSN ID.
    I am tired to delete profiles and explane to contacting me men that profiles are not mine.
    I went in police, they said it will depend entirely on callaboration of dating sites.
    he created also an e-mail account on hotmail with ID containing my first and family names, how he uses it I have no idea...
    what is the best I can do?

I don't believe there are any laws against this. I would guess that unless you name is... very rare, there is probably another person with your name in this world in which case you don't have sole rights to using that name. In any case short of contacting those sites or changing your email address I doubt there is much you can do.

Where did he get your photos from?
    Do you mean he uses the same account of you?
    Usually, such websites require email verification procedure before activiating the account ....
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Banned
    ... make a report to the police... (you need something in writting)

... take screenshots of these web sites as proof...

... contact every site this has been done on and explain the situation...

... contact the abuser ISP and explain the situation ...

... http://www.cyberangels.org/stalking.html

if you know who this person is .... get a brother/boyfriend/friend/father to kick the **** out of him/her

but pictures in profiles are mine and profiles' texts contain explisit sexual offers

Originally posted here by Black Cluster
    Where did he get your photos from?
    Do you mean he uses the same account of you?
    Usually, such websites require email verification procedure before activiating the account ....
    - I could send him my pictures while chatting in MSN or he could pic them up on my home page.
    - No, he uses his own account(s), but creates profiles containing my personal data and my photos and he heads men contacting him to MY e-mail account (my e-mail account's ID is derived from my nick name, not from my real name, but I know that he created e-mail account with ID containing my real name)

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Do you KNOW him ............?
    Is he an Ex .............?
    ADULT photo's ??? where did HE get them from ??

As far as what you can do, that is a question for the legal eagles ..........

for my 0.02c
    log ALL phone calls
    log ALL instances of web harassment
    keep on asking the Police just how long until they CAN do something
    IGNORE the calls, just say no, and HANG UP ......

English is not your mother tongue, and you have given no details of nationality, I suggest you post your country of abode at least, as the laws are 'different' in each one ..........

I am assuming you are female and young [late teen to early 20's]

You therefore have to just get over this as best you can, He will get bored, they always do.

The troubles you are having are giving him enjoyment .......
    learning to rise above it all will give him NOTHING ............. but will stand YOU in good stead for the future

Pax

[edit]

CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS .......
    CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS

start out by assuming the worst
    by changing you mail address, and NOT going back to the old one, he has instantly lost THE main point of contact ............
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

PM Me with the offending site info and email addresse(s) that you are concerned with. I'll be happy to take a look.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Originally posted here by unhappy
    ... make a report to the police... (you need something in writting)

... take screenshots of these web sites as proof...

... contact every site this has been done on and explain the situation...

... contact the abuser ISP and explain the situation ...

... http://www.cyberangels.org/stalking.html

if you know who this person is .... get a brother/boyfriend/friend/father to kick the **** out of him/her
    - I made report to the police
    - I contacted sites, they said they can reveal member's information only by court order.
    - I do not know his ISP, even if I knew, I need his IP and time of logging on and a court order for them to disclose who he is.
    - I don't know who the person is, that is the biggest problem...

********** |ceWriterguy
    Hrm. You don't know him, but he obviously knows you. Who have you pissed off lately? That'd be a good place to start investigating from. How'd he acquire the information on you he has?

Since the police can't do anything, and the isp won't do anything without a court order, my suggestion to you would be to get one. Go hire an attorney expressly for the purpose of investigating this case and prosecuting the culprit. Yes, it will cost you money.

Luck to you.

oh, one more thing - where are said pictures and explicit offers? Give us a link and perhaps we can find out who you can contact there.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!