question (PC BSD)

Thread: question (PC BSD)

question (PC BSD)

I just loaded PC BSD on my test box and I cannot seem to get my internet connection working. I tried everything but looking for a nic driver. The only thing is, when I installed linux I didn't need a nic driver. Can anyone give me some suggestions. It could be something simple I just overlooked.

Haven't ever tried PC-BSD myself but I found this, a 5 part guide to installing it, it may hold a clue or two ........... http://michael-and-mary.net/intro/?q=node/23

Thank you,

I have googled that, but I am on cable and do not use PPOE. I'm still playing with it... So far everything looks good and I like the OS, now I just need to get online with it.

Linux does need a nic driver... however, it is in most cases automatically detected and installed during the installation process.

If you were to add a second card of a different model to the linux box, you would need to load the drivers for it. Sometimes the startup scripts can do this automagically, depending on the distribution you use.

So it seems to me you need a nic driver...
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

I have a DFI Lan Party II Ultra B motherboard w/ built in NIC. I think it may not be picking up the driver.