Thread: FREE PCmover D/L

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar

Cool FREE PCmover D/L

Found this :

Studies suggest the average business spends $250 to set up a new PC - but they spend a fraction of that when they use Laplink PCmover.

PCmover makes it simple. Just install the PCmover software, click your mouse a few times, and PCmover does the rest. It really is that simple!

Was it a hassle to set up your last PC? Did you spend hours or even days moving data from an old PC to the new one? Did you lose data during the process? Were you able to find all the old software you needed to reinstall on the new PC? Maybe you tried using an imaging tool like Norton Ghost, only to discover that if the hardware or operating systems on the source and destination PCs are different, it just doesn't work.

Solve all of these problems with PCmover!
    With PCmover, everything will transfer - without deleting or changing anything on the old PC and without overwriting anything on the new PC.
    And until the 15th Sep, it's a free D/L

from here

I got mine, you just accept that you'll receive some mails from the supplier, seems like a fair swap, as I do have a need for this type of thing
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

It sounds WAY too user friendly to be effective. Brave soul!

Do let us know what you think of it after your done experimenting.

I've got an old[ish] laptop I'm using as a test bed for it

But get it NOW while it's FREE
    I'll post results as soon as the laptop comes online :Ooops:
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

i just did a full clean install on a company PC today - took a few hours but had it linked up to a KVM so it wasn't time wasted as i could sit at my desk and still do my normal stuff as well.

Looks like an interesting piece of kit tho - will prolly dl it just to have while its free.

Have now been informed that the 'free' part referred to the fact that you can TRY it UNTIL .......[15 Oct] Then you have to choose to buy as it stops working then

There is no such thing as a free lunch .................. never truer

update :

since the last post, I've been in touch with the makers, and so have quite a few others

the offer is now extended until OCTOBER 15th, and is for a fully functional PCmover with no restrictions, it is not 'crippled' and it's NOT timed, it appears to be the free lunch [well, light snack]
    The email I sent you on September 20 was intended to clarify our PCmover promotion. But based on customer feedback, it is clear to me I communicated this very poorly.

As a result, some of our customers still mistakenly believe our free PCmover offer is for a limited-time, trial or “crippled” product. This is not the case. The PCmover product available to you at no-charge is a full version that must be installed and registered before October 15, 2005, but it can be used at any point in the future. It does not expire.

For example, if you don’t intend to move your files, setting and applications from an old PC to a new one right away, you can simply install and register PCmover by October 15, and then use PCmover at any time you choose. Once the serial number has been entered on your PC, it is a full-featured product with no expiration date or feature limitation.
    if you are after an imaging type app, this is the place to get a freebie that is not platform dependant ...................