Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using a Cluster

Where does he say he's writing a tutorial? Maybe people are just reading between the lines.
    Well, as a matter of fact...
    In addition, would anyone be interested in a tutorial on OpenMosix? I just had the idea that I could post one after I'm finished getting my own cluster up & running.
    Its all good though, it was a small post

Anyway, I'll be happy to post just about any info that people are interested in. I had intended to post the specs of the machines once I've determined which ones ACTUALLY work *LOL* As for benchmarks, let me know what sorts of tests you'd like to run as a comparison. Maybe some big chunk of math to run on my cluster, then on a newer machine. Mind you, the intent is not for this cluster to necessarily beat a newer machine, but to show that older machines, when properly wired up, can still be usefull (and can free up a "newer" machine for other tasks)
    \"The future stretches out before us, uncharted. Find the open road and look back with a sense of wonder. How pregnant this moment in time. How mysterious the path ahead. Now, step forward.\"
    Phillip Toshio Sudo, Zen Computer
    Have faith, but lock your door.

Hah, don't double post and make us slow folks put two and two together.

Let us know when you get it working. I'd love to see what kind of performance you get out of it.

Hey WolfRune,
    I would love to see another tut on this site about OpenMosix. If it helps, here is a link to a brief tut that i wrote about a year ago. Hopefully, you can get more in depth and technical than i did. God speed.
    -NeuTron

Interesting post NeuTron, that should be very helpful. Thanks!

Ok, so from the feedback I've got so far, this is what I'm thinking:

1st Post: Documentation & Pictures of cluster being assembled (physical stuff)
    2nd Post: Documentation on how to install & set up a cluster (I'm going to go with a full-install rather than a bootable CD, more for curiosity than anything else)
    All posts afterward: Various projects and their results

So, what do people think of this. Good...bad...ugly & monstrous? *LOL*
    \"The future stretches out before us, uncharted. Find the open road and look back with a sense of wonder. How pregnant this moment in time. How mysterious the path ahead. Now, step forward.\"
    Phillip Toshio Sudo, Zen Computer
    Have faith, but lock your door.