Thread: cat 5 and too much spare time

cat 5 and too much spare time

http://www.reach-out.org.uk/scraps/braclet1.jpg
    http://www.reach-out.org.uk/scraps/braclet2.jpg
    http://www.reach-out.org.uk/scraps/braclet3.jpg

stripped down cat5 to remove insulation. Unwound cables and then made a spanky braclet. All I need now is an old network card I can take the port out of - reattach one of the connector ends and it could have a nice clasp as well.

edit : changed image host

Banned
    Nice....

I might have to do something like that for Sarah....

all i can say is...wow...

********** |ceWriterguy
    You can do rings that way too - was a popular craft back in the 1970's. Good work though.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

sell them....I'm sure geeks will pay up for something funky like that.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

this is an invention itself .... make use of it .... really cool!
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

I'm guessing it takes a long time to make?

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Muy Bien
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

the actual striping didn't take that long. But making the actual braclet itself took proly about an hr+
    it done pretty much the same way as a standard friendship braclet is made.

4 strinds of different colors.
    Cross strnad 1 across strand 2 and up from underneath - pull tight to form a knot
    repeat last step
    strand 2 should now be to the left of strand one - report least 2 steps this time for strand 1 and strand 3
    you should eventually end up with strand 1 at the far right.
    So now you take strand 2 which is now in strand 1's starting postion on far left and do same thing
    and keep going like that

so for every band of color you see on that braclet I had to do 6 knots so it does take a while.

I dont think would be worth my while to make them to sell - cause would have to buy cat5 and then charge for time to make it and prolly shipping as well so is at like $20+ dollars to pretty much break even and doubt anyone is going to pay that

tho with the whole charity braclets thing going on atm maybe i should make a few and ebay them with the cash going to a charity? need to get some clasps from a craft shop first tho as i tried making one out of an actual cat5 port and was to bulky.