Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillary

Hillary

What is wrong with this woman?

2008 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is warning that if President Bush's Supreme Court appointees succeed in overturning the federal right to an abortion, state governments would likely implement a reverse of China's one child policy that would instead force women to have five children.

"There would be many places in the country that would criminalize [abortion]," Clinton says in a new videotaped message posted to her Senate campaign web site. "They might even send women and doctors to prison."

Source
    so....if the federal government leaves abortion rights up to the individual states some states will automatically force woman to have five children. quit a leap wouldn't you say?

no doubt they'll be people out there that actually believe this crap!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Abortion was already legal in some states even before Roe.
    The Roe case was about a Texas resident who, instead of hopping on a
    bus to California, got together with the ACLU and sued in federal court.

Most observers think there would be no stampede by states to outlaw
    abortion if Roe were overturned. Even if some did, it's no hardship to
    go across state lines to get what you want.

Those states that wanted a cleaner image could impose a few restrictions
    that would help them have a clear conscience, like a waiting period,
    or parental notification, or prohibiting the infamous "partial birth abortion" that is
    performed very late, and should bother the conscience of Dracula.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

I wonder if that woman is crazy enough to run for the presidency. That scares me more.

Banned
    Do you really need to be a woman to understand her logic?
    Say, you're a woman, you're dating the same guy for several years and of course you tend to forget about protection. And poof! One bun in the oven. Poop it out, then continue to have unsafe sex and poof! another one. And another one. And another one. And another one. And another one. The USA has a high amount of teenage, single mothers. Making abortion illegal would just increase those numbers. Maybe some proper education and a little less attention to abstinance would bring down those numbers...

Besides, abstinance? That's what Bush wants but really, how many people abstinated until their marriage? Reality is that sex is a very motivational thing for both men and women. Once hormones start raging, things start to itch and people want it to be scratched...

I'd support Hilary for President, though. Unfortunately, I can't vote for her but it would be nice to have a female president in the USA one day. Or a black one. Oh, better: a black female president!

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Originally posted here by Katja
    but it would be nice to have a female president in the USA one day. Or a black one. Oh, better: a black female president!
    I've always thought the most qualified person...or, in the case of the President of the United States, the one with the majority of the electoral college votes, should get the job. I don't know if you are a feminist or not, but your line of thinking falls right into that type of mentality...or that of any minority group. Why ? Why exactly would it be nice to see a woman...or a black woman as president? Why do you (or any liberal) feel the need to push (often) less qualified people into elevated positions just because of their gender...or race? People should be judged based on how closely their experience meets the expectations set forth by the job / job description.

And to add to this.... isn't this the exact thing you wanted when you first started posting here at AO? You did not want to be judged by your gender, sexual preferences, looks, etc.

/scherpe kritiek

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Banned
    Why do you (or any liberal) feel the need to push (often) less qualified people into elevated positions just because of their gender...or race?
    At least they have an excuse (be it a bad one) to put them into elevated positions
    What's the excuse for getting Bush into office?

Originally posted here by Negative
    What's the excuse for getting Bush into office?
    Ahh...well, that's the good thing...he didn't need an EXCUSE. He won by popular vote.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Banned
    Ahh... I didn't say "What's Bush's excuse for getting into office?" - I said "What's the excuse for getting Bush into office?" There must be one... like "we like morons... he's the biggest of them all...", or just a plain simple "we're drunk"... or "I think he's that guy from the beer"... something... Anything!!!

Um...I'm sitting right next to you and I know for a fact that you are drunk.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Banned
    Ahh... But I know that I am, and I'm not using it as an excuse for voting for someone...