Thread: MP3 Player Jiggle

MP3 Player Jiggle

I recently bought a 256 MB USB based MP3 Player. When I connect the player with the battery inserted, the system detects it easily & I am able to copy files. In short words, the players switches itself ON and recognizes that it is connected to the PC.
    however, the problem arises when I connect the player to the PC via USB cable without the battery inserted. The MP3 Player neither switches it self ON automatically, neither the computer recognizes that a device is connected to it. Now, what i wanted to is that the player should be detected by PC without battery inserted so that I can listen to songs via the power coming from USB. However, ony of my friends has a latest PC probably equipped with USB 2.0 so he is able to listen to songs w/o inserting a battery. If i buy a PCI Card supporintg USB2.0, then would I be able to use the player to listen to songs w/o battery? My PC specs are:
    P-III 700 MHz,
    192 MB SDRAM,
    20 GB HDD IDE
    16 X DVD COmbo Drive,
    USB 1.0 or 1.1 [I am not sure]
    Windows XP
    Either you know the soln, or u don\'t

Are you sure it is able to be powered by your USB socket? Not all MP3 players support this feature.

There is no power difference between USB 1 or USB 2 they both put out 500 milli-amps, the only increase is in data throughput.

It sounds to me like your MP3 player just does not support this feature, if it has no power your PC wont recognise it or even know it is there until you turn it on. It might be one of them things you will have to live with!

You say your friend can power his MP3 player by the usb port - does he have the same MP3 player as you?

I would guess that it is the way your MP3 player works.

I have a webcam that is exactly the same......................no battery and it is not detected, yet the USB disconnects the battery.

Turn it on with the battery in, and I assume that there is a little light? If you then insert the USB lead (NOT CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER ), does the light go out?

If it does, then the battery has been disconnected.

hey mate, i checked this player on my frnd's pc. it worked fine without battery

with the battery inserted in the player and switched on, when i inseer the usb cable withou connected to the pc, the light doesn't go out and player doesn;t recognizes that the usb cable has been plugged in.

Hi Hari~

That sounds like a USB 1/2 problem?

Does your machine support USB 2?

i think so that usb 1 is the real prblem.