Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help required identifying Intel processor

Help required identifying Intel processor

Hi guys,
    A friend of mine just gave me an Intel D850MV motherboard and P4 processor.
    Only thing is, he can't remember what the clock speed of the processor is.
    I was wondering, is there a way to identify the processor by the long alphanumerical text strings printed on the top of the processor?
    On the assumption that there is, here are the strings:

1) L237A243-0124

2) 88532PE003512

Oh yeah, I did a Google on "identify intel processor" and I came up with links to:

1) Intel's Processor Identification utility which is a piece of software that needs to be installed once you've got your processor installed. No help to me, because I want to know BEFORE I rebuild my box.
    2) a lot of old pages that refer to older processors. No good to me.
    3) a couple of pages that spoke about P4 processors, but nothing I could find seem relevent to the numbers I quoted above.

Keen to hear if anyone has other ideas.
    Cheers,
    Bruce.
    Audio2U
    The home of quality podcasts

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Have you tried to see what the max capability of the board is ???

Google IS your friend
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

I followed your link (thanks for that one!), but really, that just lets me know that the processor is going to be somewhere between a 1.4Ghz and a 2.6GHz.
    I was hoping to find out exactly what chip it was!
    Cheers,
    Bruce.
    Audio2U

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    that took me less than 10 seconds to find, just how much do you want us to do

as you might have guessed, it also tapped out my meagre capabilities too

[edit]
    the 512 in the 2nd # 'might' correspond to the cache size ???
    narrows it down [not ]
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I wasn't prepared to do my own searching too.
    It was just that (as suggested by my first post) I thought there was a way to identify a processor by the codes printed on top of such.
    Cheers,
    Bruce.
    Audio2U

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Why don't you just build a temporary box and use some software like everest to figure it out... you would have had the answer by now...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

I guess you are going to have to build it. I ran those numbers through the intel product search and an independent database, and got nothing

Looking at them they don't "seem right" either, from a product identification viewpoint?

You can determine an AMD processor from the numbers but I do not think that this is the case with Intel, except those with an sS number?

Do you know what make of machine the kit came out of?..................they may not even be Intel numbers.

I would do what the duck and foxloxly has suggested..build a temp box and then get sofware like cpu-z or sis sandra to identify your hardwarehttp://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...load-6980.html http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/?dir=new...se&langx=en&a=
    Practise what you preach.

Well I can help some right quick but I have to leave. I'll check again when I get back in town in two days.

L237A243-0124

L237

L= the country is was made in (Malaysia), 2 = 2002 (the year it was made), 37 = the 37th week of the year it was made.

Your turn

A243-0124

88532PE003512

88532PE 003 512

!~cheers~!
    Connection refused, try again later.

Mmm, thanks for that one and all.
    I was hoping to find an asnwer before building a box, as the MB in question doesn't include on board graphics, which means my only other option is to disassemble my current box and rebuild it with this MB and CPU.
    Of course, as you can imagine, I'm not too keen on disrupting my current system if I then find out that the "new" MB and CPU represents a slower combination than my existing system!
    I'm currently running an AMD Athlon XP2800+ on an Asus A7V8X-X MB with 1 GB of RAM.
    The Intel board only has 512MB of... is it RIMM? RAMBUS? Plucked if I know. Whatever it's called, there's only half a gig of it versus the whole gig I've currently got.
    Oh well, looks like I'll just have to do as you all suggest... build it anyway, and if I don't like, rebuild it again!
    Thanks for all the input.
    Cheers,
    Bruce.
    Audio2U