Thread: All Aboard: Flight from Stupidity to Hell's Door will be leaving shortly :D

All Aboard: Flight from Stupidity to Hell's Door will be leaving shortly :D

Repeat after me : it's safe to fly...it's safe to fly...it's safe to fly...
    Congressional investigators identified significant security weaknesses in the nation's air traffic control information systems, weaknesses which threaten the systems' integrity, confidentiality, and availability.

In a 37-page report issued Monday, the Government Accountability Office, the investigative arm of Congress, also contends the Federal Aviation Administration systems contain weaknesses in controls that are designed to prevent, limit, and detect access to these systems.

The agency hasn't adequately managed its networks, software updates, user accounts and passwords, and user privileges, nor has it consistently logged security-relevant events, says the report, requested by House Government Reform Committee chairman Tom Davis, R-Va.
    "Nevertheless, the proprietary features of these systems cannot fully protect them from attacks by disgruntled current or former employees who are familiar with these features, nor will they keep out more sophisticated hackers," writes Gregory Wilshusen, GAO information-security-issues director.
    http://informationweek.com/story/sho...leID=171200771
    InformationWeek > Air Security > Security Weaknesses Threaten Nation's Air Traffic Systems, GAO Says > September 26, 2005

OK, so they will beef up the security on passenger searches and scanning. That will solve it, right?

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    You couldn't post this NEXT week ............

I fly monday

I'll let you know if we die
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Regal Making Handler

I fly monday

Foxy don't eat anything on the flight mate. 98% of all deaths in aircrashes have eaten something
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Before you leave, mail me a postcard that just says "Heaven" with a picture of sand and a beach.

Banned
    Originally posted here by jinxy
    Foxy don't eat anything on the flight mate. 98% of all deaths in aircrashes have eaten something
    I've flown plenty of times. Fortunately the trip from Schiphol to Heathrow is a very short one. Not much time to eat during such a short trip so I feel pretty safe now.

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Originally posted here by foxyloxley

I fly monday

That is a trick I'd like to see.

I guess you could write a simple script and schedule it with at posting your fairwells and best regards, and if you happen to live, simply -x the script or kill the job. Kind of like the "if you are reading this, then I am already dead..." sort of things you see in the movies.

BTW, nothing new here. Want to REALLY raise the hair on your neck? Go look up the FAA histories on close calls and near misses with aircraft. I find it's easiest to fly when anxious with a few doubles of Bushnells or a DiSaronno sour or four. Then I don't give a crap whats going on, I feel fine.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore