Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: National Webling Lottery

Hey Hey,

For anyone wanting to do a comparison... I recieved a similar one a few days ago

Headers
    Return-path: <sandra_wilcox@virgilio.it>
    Envelope-to: XXXXX@XXXXX.XXX
    Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:32:13 -0400
    Received: from vsmtp1.tin.it ([212.216.176.141])
    by XXXXX.XXXX.XXXXX with esmtp (Exim 4.44)
    id 1EHtT3-0001zW-43
    for XXXXX@XXXXX.XXX; Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:32:13 -0400
    Received: from pswm12.cp.tin.it (212.216.176.78) by vsmtp1.tin.it (7.2.060.1)
    id 432EF2EE000FE86C; Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:31:41 +0200
    Message-ID: <5781713.1127266303419.JavaMail.root@pswm12.cp.tin.it>
    Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 02:31:43 +0100 (GMT+01:00)
    Reply-To: <sandra_wilcox@virgilio.it>
    To: support@mailli.de
    Subject: lotto winner
    Mime-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain;charset="UTF-8"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    X-Originating-IP: 196.3.62.4

BRITISH LOTTERY HEADQUARTERS:
    CUSTOMER SERVICE,

28 TANFIELD ROAD,CROYDON.
    LONDON
    Ref:

KPC/9080118308/02/TCA
    Batch: 12/25/0034

ATTN: WINNING
    NOTIFICATION

We happily announce to you the draw of the British Lottery International programs held on the 14th of august,2005 in London. Your e- mail address attached to ticket number:564 75600545
    with Serial number 5388/02 drew the lucky numbers:31-6-26-13-35-7, which subsequently won you the lottery in the 2nd category. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of US$250,000.00 (Two Hundred and fifty thousand, United States Dollars)in cash credited to file KPC/9080118308/02/TCA. This is from a total cash prize of US $2,500,000.00 (two million Five hundred Thousand United State Dollars shared amongst the first ten (10) lucky winners in this grand category "B". This year Lottery Program Jackpot is the largest ever for British Lottery. The estimated $75 Million jackpot would be the sixth-biggest in U.K. history. The biggest was the $363 Million jackpot that went to two winners in January 2004 drawing of The Big Game Mega Millions'
    predecessor.

Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative office in Europe as indicated in our play coupon. In view of this, your US$250,000.00(Two hundred and fifty Thousand, United States Dollars) would be transferred to your designated Bank account. Our approved agent will immediately commence on the processing of your claims, to facilitate the release of your funds to you as soon as you make contact with them.

All participants
    were selected randomly from 'World Wide Web' site through computer draw system and extracted from over 100,000 companies.This promotion takes place annually. For security reasons, you areadvised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your money remitted to you as required in this grand category "B". This is a part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some unscrupulous elements.

Please be warned. To file for your claim, kindly contact our fiduciary agent with the below details for processing of your claims.

Name: Mr.Mark Anthony.
    E-mail: mr_marktony56@msn.com, or
    mrmarktony56@yahoo.com
    Foreign Services Manager, Payment and Release order Department, EQUITY SECURITIES AND FINANCE,HOLLAND,AMSTERDAM

Note that all claims process and clearance procedures must be duly completed early to avoid impersonation arising to the issue of double claiming.

To avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please quote your reference/batch numbers in any correspondences with us or our designated agent.

Congratulations once more from all members and staffs of this program.

Yours faithfully,

Mrs.Sandra Wilcox
    Lottery Co-ordinator
    It amuses me that they've worked so hard on it.. I especially like the section on we drew this information from the WebSites of over 100,000 companies... This actually came into a company email address... could be a coincidence, but I'm guessing they actually targetted small online businesses for the one I received.. it seems a lil more legit.

Peace,
    HT

Regal Making Handler
    I should have posted the header also so here it is for comparison.

X-Apparently-To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx via 206.190.49.60; Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:19:08 +0000
    X-Originating-IP: [212.216.176.143]
    Return-Path: <nationalweblinglottery1@virgilio.it>
    Authentication-Results: mta108.mail.ukl.yahoo.com
    from=virgilio.it; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
    Received: from 212.216.176.143 (EHLO vsmtp3.tin.it) (212.216.176.143)
    by mta108.mail.ukl.yahoo.com with SMTP; Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:19:08 +0000
    Received: from pswm7.cp.tin.it (212.216.176.73) by vsmtp3.tin.it (7.2.060.1)
    id 43248A95000CB6B3; Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:06:57 +0200
    Message-ID: <13855264.1126624019386.JavaMail.root@pswm7.cp.tin.it>
    Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:06:59 +0100 (GMT+01:00)
    Reply-To: <nationalweblinglottery1@virgilio.it>
    Subject: MESSAGE FROM ( N. W ) INTERNATIONAL
    Mime-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain;charset="UTF-8"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    X-Originating-IP: 213.201.189.234
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Banned
    Well, they work so hard for it because there are always people who get fooled by it. It doesn't matter how unbelievable a story is, but there's always some sucker willing to be fooled, just out of greed. Perhaps there's only one fool on every million people but when they send it out to 5 million people, they will have 5 fools who can be fooled.
    And if every fool pays between $10.000 and $100.000 for every attempt, then the money is earned pretty fast.

Okay, sometimes the scammers get scammed themselves. A Dutch TV-crew recently made the newspaper headlines because they had caught two of such scammers in front of a hidden camera. Two African guys who had offered some miracle formula that would enable people to make copies of banknotes. They demonstrated it even with an €50 note and two "white" pieces of paper. (Well, actually two other €50 notes that were painted white. And then they showed their 'miracle' which meant putting some chemical stuff on the original note and the two white papers. Some washing, some wrapping in aluminium foil, then some more washing and there was the result! Two new €50 notes that were copies of the original one. Even funnier, they even had different serial numbers but hey, that's part of the miracle...
    Oh, well... They were exposed and one got kicked out of the country immediately as an illegal immigrant and the other will spend some time in jail. And their faces have been shown on National television without anything to hide their real identities...

If these scams never worked, however, then no one would even try them. But apparantly they work. The same with spam. If no one would buy anything after receiving spam then spam would be history sooner or later. Unfortunately, a small amount of people do tend to buy things advertised in spam and thus it's effective. It's a cheap way to reach out to millions of people and thus the couple of fools amongst them.

OK I finally got a reply

NATIONAL WEBLING LOTTERYÂ Â
    VAN OSTADESTRAAT 70A,1073 T.V
    AMSTERDAM,THE NETHERLANDS.
    TEL: 0031 647 434 666
    FAX: (31) 847 539 451/847539484

Our ref no: WR/2311786008/01

ATTN;Â Dino Wuff

WINNING VERIFICATION/EXAMINATION NOTIFICATION

We wish to inform you againe with this letter and form, That we have received your reply message in accordance with the winning notification we sent to you. This organization can not congratulate you yet until you have been approved as the rightful winner of this claim (1,500,000.00 Million United States Dollars.)

In the light of the above, we wish to inform you that our Examination/Claims Department will require you to complete the WINNING CONFIRMATION FORM and send it back to us via email or by fax as soon as possible. This will enable us verify properly if you are the rightful winner of this claim.

Note, that the process of this verification may take maximum three working days and then if you are approved/confirmed as the LUCKY WINNER, a congratulatory message will be sent to you and also all necessary documents relating to this winning draw.

You are hereby advised to comply immediately with all necessary instructions that you have been asked to adhere to with the correct information as any false information might result to the cancellation of your winning claim.

Note also that the completed winning confirmation form and a copy of your international passport or a valid identification must be sent to us within three days from this date the 29th September 2005.

Best regards

Edward Moor

Ah There it is "Please send a copy of your passport". There is an attached document but I blew up my test PC earlier today musking about with one of the latest malware scripts I found on a Warz site. When I'm done re formating my test pc I'll take a look at the attachment and update
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Here's the latest email:

Dear Dino,

How are you. Your e-maill address won on the computer e-mail balotting shut by National Webling Lottery Amsterdam the Netherlands, computer selected your e-maill address number one among the computer list. This is the reason National Webling Lottery sent you mail to inform you that you won. Your mail i received i have cross check your batches numbers you are the rightfull winner of National Webling Lottery, so CONGRATULATIONS ones moor, but you will go through process and examination before you can claim your winning fund, i sent you a form you will fill and send it back to me with a copy of your identification such as International passport or valid Driver's License to enable me process your winning file.

NB fine attach on my first mail to fill the form and send it back to me with a copy of your identification, your immediate telephone call is needed as soon as you send me your filling form.                                      Â

My regards

Edward Moor

( Tel; 0031 626 396 273 )

The attached document was named verification.doc but is actually a java laiden html file. I have re named it as txt. DO NOT OPEN THIS FILE WITH IE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With just a quick look, it grabs MS IM contacts, pops off to some web site and downloads something I don't have time to look at. I'm sure it's some type of trojan. And spams hotmail accounts. Although I don't think that part is quite right.

Anyway, for those curious few, check out the attached.

*Warning - the attached file has not been modified. If you open this in IE ensure that you do it with a box that is not connect to your network, and that you are prepared to format said box.

*If you do get your box infected, don't blame me.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0