Best on-line BS schools

Thread: Best on-line BS schools

Best on-line BS schools

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before but I have been searching for the past two hours and have not seen this covered.

A little background, I am 37, employed full time in a job I despise. Have some computer experience, made my own until the bottom end units got so cheap and I could buy them for less than I could make them. Have done very minor networking in a past job (Kept the contractor away by fixing problems for the company), makes me think I would be interested in the field. Looking at taking a pay cut and getting a BS degree in networking/networking security.

Please don't tell me hands on is the best, I know this, but other than ITT it can't be done and I'm not to sure about them due to the National Accreditation.

I have looked at DeVry, Kaplan, and Regis (Jesuit school in Colorado)

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Banned
    Devry offers it as well (and they're regionally accredited, unlike ITT - ITT doesn't have a very good name out there... it's more like a glorified high school or something).
    Check out Devry's catalog - you can download a PDF here.

I've been taking classes with Devry for a year now (CIS in Digital Forensics), and I love it: the level is constantly decent, all profs have years of experience in the real world...

Dries -- How much do Devry courses (tech-related, online of course) usually go for? Or what is the "standard" on net courses. I'm interested in this especially because now I'm working two jobs and I can't go "back" to school, per say.

Thanks for your help (in advance).
    Space For Rent.. =]

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    [off topic] it 'might' look better if you added the little 'c' to BS as in BSc
    BS has a slightly different translation here ...........[/off topic]
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Originally posted here by Spyder32
    Dries -- How much do Devry courses (tech-related, online of course) usually go for? Or what is the "standard" on net courses. I'm interested in this especially because now I'm working two jobs and I can't go "back" to school, per say.

Thanks for your help (in advance).
    Spyder, it depends on the state you live in. Generally, it will be between 47k - 53k for a BS at DeVry University. Sounds like a lot but my total cost for the state school I graduated from was over 50k.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Thanks for the replies all. Sounds as if ITT is out.

Off topic} mathgirl I like your Ayn Rand quotes. If you wnat to read what happens when you don't use a definition read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance".