Thread: Da Browsa keeps losing stuff.

********** |ceWriterguy

Da Browsa keeps losing stuff.

I'm posting this here because it very well *could* be a security issue:

Running FireFox 1.07. Bloody thing keeps losing my bookmarks (annoying as hell too).

Spybot/Adaware/HJT found nada - all normal/normal.

Suggestions?
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

i have had this touble in the past, my bookbarks were still recoverable via firefox folder but it stopped when i turned off auto updating, seems everymorning i lost everything and was very annoying
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool

Regal Making Handler
    |3lack|ce

Check the link below (if you have not before)

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Had the same thing happen with my linux system...rather annoying...3rd time it has happened...seems to coincide with when I update and may/may not have something to do with the system locking up (strangely, those two seem to coincide about the same time)...
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

It doesn't help much after the fact, but here is a great little utility for backing/restoring up your Firefox/Thunderbird profiles, bookmarks included. Puts all your personal settings in a zip file. (Windows only)

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=2953