Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's the Racist?

Angry Who's the Racist?

Personally, I would not want to go to their stinking conference. If this were the Women of Difficient Pigment Dialog We would hear nothing but the screams and tears of racism accusations. And the call of "white priveledge" is so "last hurricane news." Really now, is not the exclusion of an individual to an event, based upon the individual's skin color, defined as racism?

So my questions are "Since when is the racist not a racist based upon race?" and "?When is it politically acceptable to call a racist a racist when the racists race is an issue?" SHRUG??????

Organizers of a "Women of Color Dialogue" at Northeastern University in Boston were forced to open an event to all races after initially proclaiming that white women would not be allowed, according to the Northeastern University News.

Members of the Women's Studies and Graduate Consortium wanted to exclude white women from the first session of the dialogue. They said it needed to remain racially segregated in order to help the participants come together on issues that many of them felt were perpetrated by white people.

But after hearing complaints from two caucasian students, the Student Government Association and the school provost, the event was opened to all. Dr. Robin Chandler, director of women's studies and one of the organizers of the event, said she was disappointed by the demand.

"I think it's a shame that one or two white students based on white privilege, a lack of awareness of racial issues and a lack of generosity of spirit complained to the office of the provost and were able, because they were white, to gain admission to the morning session that I was forced to open up," Chandler said.
    Full Story: http://www.nu-news.com/media/paper60...-1001178.shtml
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    So let me get this straight, they are having a conference about racism but they wont allow white women until the school intervenes?! all those women need to watch the movie Crash
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    "Women of Color Dialogue"
    "initially proclaiming that white women would not be allowed"

Everybody knows "white" is not a color.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Originally posted here by mathgirl32

Applause!!!!
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

Originally posted here by mathgirl32

Actually it contains all the colors of the visible spectrum.

What about African albinos? They just need to read a book on Mitochondrial Eve

/rant

Healing Racism in the workplace, politically correct attitudes - Drives me nuts.

I attended a healing racism seminar and was asked if I thought I was a racist. My response was "I am sure I am not a racist".

The speaker asked how I knew and I responded:

"Simple. I'm sure because I know that I am extremely prejudice. I hate idiots that believe that their station in life, misfortune, or ability is based on what someone else thinks of them. For instance, I know two college grads that are waiters at a local restaurant. One has a bachelors in computer science and the other a Masters. Neither complain about the lack of work. I have a neighbor that says the reason he couldn't get an extension on his unemployment benefits was because of his color. And it's the man that keeps him down."

Then the speaker asked if my neighbor was black and I said:

"Doesn't matter, my neighbor is an IDIOT. He's a high school drop out and doesn't look for new work until after the unemployment benefits run out". "And as I said, I'm not a racist, but I am extremely prejudice".

Kind of blew the rest of the seminar as the premise was flawed.

/end rant
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

And I thouht we were all equal...People I am so tired of this racist crap because it get,s used as an excuse for everything these days and what happened to" innocent until proven guilty"???I live in a country which you all might know is one of the worst in the world regarding this issue..They say we all have equal rights!!!ya...duhhh..My point regarding this issue is.."If you cannot look beyond this or try at least to put that chapter in the past!!!" and concentrate on the future and all the good things that goes along with that, you are going to fall behind and might never have a chance to pick it up again.

I don,t say you have to forget about the past but be positive and allow others to also have their spot of sunshine in life..it is precious so live life to the fullest,be sincere,fair respect each other and don,t do onto others or wish onto them which you do not want to happen to yourself..
    Practise what you preach.

What about the United Negro College Fund? I'm pretty sure if I went out and started the United White Kid College Fund, I'd be called everything from racist to a member of the KKK to a bigot.

Until we stop focusing on race as a reason for anything, be it poverty, a college scholarship, or teen pregnancy, we will never truly be "equal".
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Originally posted here by debwalin
    What about the United Negro College Fund? I'm pretty sure if I went out and started the United White Kid College Fund, I'd be called everything from racist to a member of the KKK to a bigot.

Until we stop focusing on race as a reason for anything, be it poverty, a college scholarship, or teen pregnancy, we will never truly be "equal".
    *gasp* I agree, Deb.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

AOs Resident Troll
    all those women need to watch the movie Crash
    One of the best movies I have seen in a long time..

Definately a must watch

Should be standard in high schools......and colleges

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer