Vatican Denies Communion..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vatican Denies Communion..

Vatican Denies Communion..

Hey Hey,

It looks like the Vatican will start denying communion to politicians who pass laws that go against the Catholic faith...

Roman Catholic bishops meeting at the Vatican this weekend at the first synod led by newly anointed Pope Benedict may consider denying communion to politicians who pass laws that go against their faith.
    That was a small note in this article. I'd appreciate any other links found on this subject.

Here's a somewhat related pdf for anyone interested in the read - http://www.avemarialaw.edu/news/even...anLaw-Comm.pdf.

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

This is from the National Catholic Weekly Communion

I guess this means all other politicians of other denominations running for office will get in by default

The 'WASP's" will be okay as well
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Well,

Perhaps his panzership might consider that in so doing he effectively makes the Church for which he is merely a nominal leader a potentially no longer deemed non-profit or charity organisation and become fully eligible for property and wealth taxes

That will certainly make contributions drop through the floor.

All his panzership could legitimately say is that Roman Catholics are not eligible for public office..................hey I can really see them voluntarily giving up influence?

Anyways, in my opinion all politicians are scum and deserve to rot in hell.............the only person to go to our Parliament with honest intentions was Guy Fawkes

Errrrrrrrrrrr, also, politicians can resign on matters of principle.............or if they get "found out", which is far more common.

just my 0.02

[i] Originally posted
    Well,

just my 0.02
    Do you realise your 0.02 is more then my 0.02, maybe you should rename and call it 0.01

Your 0.02 converted to Can 0.02 = 0.04104 Can, so your 0.02 is twice my 0.02

Ahhhh trivia, love it.

Claude Swanson

Hey Hey,

Actually when the same-sex marriage bill was going through my MP did resign... It was funny he put out this big pamphlet about how immoral and wrong same sex marriage was and that he couldn't part of a government that supported it.

Peace
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

Originally posted here by HTRegz
    Hey Hey,

Actually when the same-sex marriage bill was going through my MP did resign... It was funny he put out this big pamphlet about how immoral and wrong same sex marriage was and that he couldn't part of a government that supported it.

Peace
    HT
    Exactly why they should keep politics and religion seperate, while he took the "Moral" view according to him and his beliefs, how about how he let his constituents down, by resigning, some of these people voted for him for the platform his party were running under at the time, which were about a lot more then same sex marriage, so his resigning is pure crap. How much of the tax payers coin did he avail himself of with which had nothing to do with same sex marriage.

Too many of the politicains nowadays are more into photo ops and PR then actually doing something for the Country.

Claude Swanson

Too many of the politicains nowadays are more into photo ops and PR then actually doing something for the Country.
    "It's the same the whole World over,
    It's the poor wot gets the blame,
    It's the rich wot gets the pleasure,
    Oh isn't it a shame?"

hi Nihil
    your a poet,
    and i didn't know it.

In any case you hit the provebial nail on the head.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    So the Pope thinks by not giving Communion to certain politicians who make these laws, that they will change their minds?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Hey we regressed about 700 years.. this sounds like the pope saying to the king way back in the day "My way, or the excommunication highway"
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)