How technology can change our lives.

Thread: How technology can change our lives.

How technology can change our lives.

I just couldnt resists these two articles on technology in our everyday lives. I love the idea of the intelligent beer mat. just think you come home :- "sorry honnney but the beer mat just kept ordering me drinks HIC..". Here they are but not in their totality. squirels help with mobile calls

There are few things more intrusive than a mobile phone ringtone.

Yet, despite the existence of answer phones and voice mail, a ringing phone remains impossible to ignore.

Whether we are having a private conversation, snowed under with work, or just not in the mood to speak to anyone, the phone keeps ringing.

MIT research student Stefan Marti may have the answer: ditch your mobile phone, and get a squirrel.
    intelligent beer mats

An intelligent beermat that alerts the bartender that your glass is empty could feature in pubs of the future.

Like an ordinary mat, it absorbs drips; but the gadget also has hidden sensors.

The device will detect the weight of the drink above it, working out how much is left before sending a signal to the bar for a refill.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Hi MURACU

My answer to the telephone is mute it and direct all calls to a fax machine

"Intelligent beermats"?.....................I prefer intelligent bar staff and a beer mat that would automatically call the Weights and Measures Inspectors if they tried to serve me a pint like the one pictured in the link

I am surprised at the price though.................the tecnology is not that new..............I have just activated an ash tray that when you put a cigarette in it, coughs like hell and says: "that's disgusting" I must have bought it at least 10 years ago, and it was less than 5.

AFLAAACKKK!!
    The present cost to make a single mat is around US$100 (60), but this would be around 10 times cheaper if they went into mass production, say the students who work out of Saarland University.
    I beleive this is what you were looking for nihil .
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Still 6 the beer mat is a bit expensive. on top of that you can't rip them apart when you get annoyed.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

********** |ceWriterguy
    Sure you can! Just lay your 6 quid down + a fat tip on the bar first and I'm sure the bartender won't mind a bit.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Knowing my luck he'd take the 6 quid and then call the bouncer over to throw me out for destroying the pubs property.
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)