Second Coming...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second Coming...

Banned

Second Coming...

Is it possible that time will come that all the computer wizards can find solutions or
    they can compute which is the end the days??? Of course this is only for those who are believing in second coming of Christ...

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    No.

Well Aspman may not be entirely correct;

We already know that the answer to life the universe and everything = 42.

and Aspman: Quit looking at my nose hair.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Re: Second Coming...

Originally posted here by 3nt3r
    Is it possible that time will come that all the computer wizards can find solutions or
    they can compute which is the end the days??? Of course this is only for those who are believing in second coming of Christ...
    Well, this is a common misconception, computers can't, in the foreseeable future, create its own thinking method or develope a thinking pattern.... the computer can handle millions of mathmatical problems and learn the easiest way to solve a problem .... but who taught computers to do that? Human being, computers need instructions to go by ....

You can't make a program run unless you create an algorithm .... they even can't calculate 1+1 .... unless a proper program is in place ....

Many people still believe the myth that computers know everything .... not to mention, the future....

Cheers
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    No one knows when the end of days is, only God and he hasnt told anyone else so how could humans or a computer possibly know?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

[/quote]We already know that the answer to life the universe and everything = 42[/quote]

Until 2 nights ago... I would have no idea what that meant... So long and thanks for all the fish!
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Is it possible that time will come that all the computer wizards can find solutions or they can compute which is the end the days???
    YES.................................but with no great accuracy, we lack sufficient detailed observations and sufficient information of the physics to build and populate an accurate model

The answer is the Sun.....................it has a "use by date" that can be calculated.

Now we cannot predict the will of God, but if a huge asteroid or comet were on a collision course with Earth and we cannot do anything about it, we could probably calculate the answer to within minutes. This would be another possibility.

Thirdly................global thermonuclear warfare, use of the neutron bomb and so on. We have a pretty good idea of the outcome?

The "meaning of life" IS NOT "42"

it is either:

2A or

Hell! and there was me thinking that this was a technical forum .............about time I "thumbed a lift"?

Developer Extraordinar
    the computer can handle millions of mathmatical problems and learn the easiest way to solve a problem
    I disagree. A computer will never, ever learn the easiest way. It will be told the easist way, but it won't be able to learn it. I know you know what you meant though, by the rest of the post, I'm just clarifying for anyone who didn't understand. ;-)

We already know that the answer to life the universe and everything = 42
    Until 2 nights ago... I would have no idea what that meant... So long and thanks for all the fish!
    Read the book, or see the movie?

Oh, by the way, I'm back, I suppose. Thought I didn't really think I was gone. Just been busy with Unerror and uxCMS (which needs more project members ;-)) and what not. Hiya everyone.

The "meaning of life" IS NOT "42"

it is either:

2A or
    For those who don't get it, those are the ASCII character code for *, which is usually denoted as a wildcard. Thus, the meaning of life is *... I like that, "The meaning of life, is 2A!", I wonder how someone would respond to that... Hell, I wonder how my Programming teacher would respond to that... :\

enmand
    Come to UnError.com

second comming

The second comming of christ has allready been

It was a couple of weeks ago..
    The crazy man has been taken to an institution..
    He was walking around telling weird stuff like.. "See all this here.. My dad made that"
    "see the birds.. see the clouds.. my dad !!"
    He is also indited for market manipulations, duplicating fish and bread.... escalating the prices..
    And then there was this walking on water stuff..
    That madman is now in his straight jacket in a padded cel safely in our institution..

burp .. another wodka please ... nazdarovje ..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Originally posted here by MicroBurn
    I disagree. A computer will never, ever learn the easiest way. It will be told the easist way, but it won't be able to learn it. I know you know what you meant though, by the rest of the post, I'm just clarifying for anyone who didn't understand. ;-)

Well, you got my point .. sorry for mistyping or misplacing the word ..... i meant can tell
    thanks for clarifying on my behalf, I appreciate it.

Cheers
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster