Thread: 1600 Router IOS update

1600 Router IOS update

Are the commands for updating a 1600 router IOS flash image the same as on a 1700? I may just be mistyping something somewhere, but I always get a file open error. And when I try using rommon, I can't use the tftpdnld command.

What IOS are you using? There are a few for 1600 series routers is why i ask.

Also what commands are you entering to update it?

Try herefor detailed instrutions on how to do anything with a 1600 series router, updating your IOS is just past a third of the way down.

You will prob find you are just entering your commands in wrong.

Hope it helps!

We have several 1600 routers, only one of which has an IOS image that ends in .bin? I got the IOS from that router onto a TFTP server, but am unable to send that image to any of the other routers. I get a file open error on the TFTP, does this have to be done in ROMMON?

As far as I know, all of the IOSs should be a .bin file...

Is your tftp server setup for send and receive? The one I use is defaulted to receive only. (solarwinds) You will have to change the config for send/receive. Check your tftp server logs for more info. It also helps to put the IOS in the root of the tftp directory so you can just type the file name.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.