Thread: WTF? - People listing Links to my site -

WTF? - People listing Links to my site -

I was looking at my sites hits and I have been getting a lot from www.drugsforum.nl. When I went to the site I noticed someone had a link to my website with a non-existant directory attached. Why would someone do this? I thought maybe they got access and FTP'd something up, but the directory they named is non-existant.

Nevermind, The Web Archive shows the link he posted existed back in 2002.

Ninja Code Monkey
    Now the rest of us are going to put up links just to make you paranoid. =)
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

I don't mind people linking to my site, it was the non-existant directory and the site they were coming from that made me a little paranoid.

Hi Info Tech Geek

This is just too weird. That link was brilliant, because I found a link on the site to a Dutch supplier of exotic cacti ( I already have a few more normal ones, courtesy of Katja's advice)

Now, the amazing thing is they are selling them for drug use..............but I could buy from them and make 100-300% profit, selling them on to fellow members of the British Cactus and Succulent Society!

Hey, a guy has to have a hobby?

The reason I posted was I thought you guys might find it amusing that you go to a computer security site, you read a thread in "Web Security" and you find an apparently excellent source for prizewinning cacti.............

Originally posted here by nihil
    Hi Info Tech Geek

This is just too weird. That link was brilliant, because I found a link on the site to a Dutch supplier of exotic cacti ( I already have a few more normal ones, courtesy of Katja's advice)

Now, the amazing thing is they are selling them for drug use..............but I could buy from them and make 100-300% profit, selling them on to fellow members of the British Cactus and Succulent Society!

The reason I posted was I thought you guys might find it amusing that you go to a computer security site, you read a thread in "Web Security" and you find an apparently excellent source for prizewinning cacti.............

LOL, I didn't try to translate the page. I had no idea what it was...

AO Senior Cow-beller

Talking

Originally posted here by nihil
    Hi Info Tech Geek

Wow, I bet many folks here don't feel nearly so bad about their hobbies now. I know I certainly don't!

Did that directory exist 3 years ago? Did you not own the domain at that time?
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

I did not own the domain at that time, but I am still getting traffic hits. I know the way back machine has it archived. www.zowned.com/allard or something like that.

I set up a nice Error Page... LOL!