Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ref. .: Shrekkie :. bug

ref. .: Shrekkie :. bug

Just to let you know, I can't reply to any thread started by .: Shrekkie :..
    Either in here or in Addicts (2 threads)
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    I cant reply to Shrekkie's threads either... not even his "hello, take 2" one
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

I got a PM from him this morning OK...................it seems to be related to threads that HE starts................

I vaguely remember back in the old days you could create a nice Troll account (sorry Shrek~) using odd symbols and it gave you a "cloak of invulnerability" against the AP system.............

Could it be anything to do with the .:_____:. I wonder?

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    yeah that invulnerabilty was a javascript issue if i recall good.
    Anyway i doubt the .: :. has something to do with it, since i never had probs like this before.

Cheers.
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Why we don't ask a mod to creat an account with the same characters and see if the problem is similar .... if not so we can look for some aother causes ...

Cheers
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Why we don't ask a mod to creat an account with the same characters and see if the problem is similar
    I'd find it unlikely since he can answer threads and posters afterwards can also answer. I would think the issue would propogate through. That said, I tried it. It isn't the special characters that are at issue. I've checked his signature for any potential code issues there (didn't see any). So this is one that is outside of the realm of "normal" and we'll need mnstrgrl to check it out. It's very odd to say the least.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    outside of the realm of "normal"
    Aaahhhhh ..... finally a description that fits me :P
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Hi .: Shrekkie :.,

It seems to be isolated to certain forums...because on three attempts at posting behind three different threads I couldn't...

Addicts...NO
    Site Suggestions...NO
    Hardware...NO

but here...in Opps a Bug there doesn't seem to be a problem...because I've been able to post behind you with no problems.

It might be forum specific.

Eg

Errrr...scratch that...I have been able to post behind you in Site Suggestions in another thread...so...it wouldn't be forum specific.

Signatures are only included once in every thread.

Cheers.
    Since I could not post there... thats once per page not thread.

Hi Spec,

Yeh...I tried to post that too then I just gave up You ever going to give up this bad trip you seem to be on...or is this the extent of your ability?

Eg