Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accesing own ip

Accesing own ip

I read about dns server (Again) and diceded that it would be.. ,well lets take intresting, to try and acces my own ip. Using google I googled (yes that is a verb) my IP to get a direct link (i was to lazy to type it in). When i clicked it i got a screen asking me for a username and password. See attached file. Does any of you know what I should enter here. Becasue I find it a bit wierd to be able to acces a pc like this.
    [T]he future is now.

Take it you are behind a router? You may want to disable the option for it to be administrated by any IP!

Nope no router for as far as i know. Does a switch count? For as far as i know its a bit the same but i am not sure. M not really in to hardware.
    [T]he future is now.

O right, ok, well the prompt is telling you that you are trying to log into a Prestige router

You have it enabled at the moment to allow anyone on the internet to log into it! Not really a good idea! Not sure of the exact option on that particular router but you need to disable the option for any IP to configure it.

// Oh wait I may be talking **** here, when you say you typed your IP address in to your web browser was something like 192.168.1.0 or was it your external IP as in say 81.100.51.87 ( wont be an exact match!)

I got it from showmyip.com. And thats the same ip thats shown on al outgoing traffic. Although ipconfig in cmd gives another IP. I've got a belkin switch but i can't find it on the site (belkin.com). And that thing you showed me, isn't that called a webvox becasue. we had something similar. Can't find it right now its a bit of a mess here. But if so where would I be able to find the password. Is it the same as the admin password on the network?

Thx for the replies b.t.w.
    [T]he future is now.

Well what your trying to log into is not a belkin switch. Either you are using the wrong Ip or you are trying a bit of social enginering here.

Why do you want to log into this router?

If it is yours you should have the username and password already.

If you are on a network and you dont know the username and password, that is probably because someone does not want you to know them.

I wanted to do a search on my ip. And it didn't found anything. Then google said: well maybe you want to try it as an url. So i clicked it and then I got the popup box. I found that wierd box you linked my. But that still gives my the mistery of the belkin switch we have pluged in. You are right about it that external ip its a bit similar. Should i try the internal then. Didn't know there was a diffrence. I mean i can see that theire diffrent numbers but I thought they ended up at the same pc.

(I hope this is readable becasue I am sleepy)
    [T]he future is now.

A router is more than likley connected to the switch. Are you in an office network or at home?

So you went to showmyip.com found out your external IP, typed it into the URL bar of your web browser and got that login box?

I work at home and yes then i got that popup. I tryed the normal network admin password but that didn't work.
    [T]he future is now.

If you look at the picture you attached to your first post, you will see that it says your are tyring to log into a peice of hardware called a "Prestige 650R-33".

Type this into google and you get this http://www.zyxel.com/product/model.p...lue=1021873638 this is the thing that you are trying to log into. If you dont have one of these in your network at home, which you say you dont, I can only suggest that you are/have miss-typed the Ip address and are trying to log into someone elses system.