Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The cost of online anonymity

You and me both. Forgive me if I sound ignorant (the big dumb American says), but what Freedoms do you admire from the US that you as a Canadian do not enjoy? Just curious...I know there are nominal differences, but you seem to imply something more.
    I mispoke, your's and ours are fairly consistant with each other as far as each States Laws and each Province interprets them from the Federal laws, (it's a quagmire), I should have said I admire the American's tenacity to defend such liberties.

There is usually more of an uproar from the South (US) when something as precious as civil liberties are concerned, and it's taken up by the media in a hurry. Up here it doesn't get the same play, or that's the way I see it, sometimes, the noncommital approach by Canadians can be exasperating, just once I would like to see a mini revolution in laid back Ottawa, we would probably treat it like a Hockey game though, and settle for a tie.

Speaking of uproars, would you guys get at it with the "Gas Prices", ours will come down if yours does first.
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Here's one thing that no one even touched on. Everyone here is a criminal. When was the last time you heard of a government getting rid of laws? Hardly ever. In the US, the only body that ever does that is the supreme court. There are so many laws that the average citizen will never be able to abide by the law. Do you know all the laws that effect you in your life? I sure don't. I'm also sure that there are so many laws to keep in mind at all times, that the only way I couldn't break the law is to be dead, and even that's illegal if you kill yourself. So moral of the story is, we're all criminals. You just haven't found out you are yet.

I'm a criminal because I don't keep up with my lawn maintanence. I own my house, and I can't even decide if I want to cut the grass or not. I'm also a criminal because I had a non-operating vehicle parked in my driveway. I couldn't take it to get the EPA tests on it (thanks for that royal pain in the ass hippies), so they suspended my plates. Ok, I abide by the law, I didn't drive it. So good ole code enforcement comes along, and I get a nice lovely $50 ticket because my vehicle was abandoned...in my driveway. It didn't matter where the car was, if it was on my property with suspended license plates, I was a criminal. So there you go folks. Your all criminals.

It would be impossible to read all the laws that effect you. Hell, it's illegal to mispronounce the name of a town just 20 minutes away from me. It's only a $5 fine payable on the spot, but it's illegal none the less.

My advice, keep your severely punishable offences to a minimum, and if you have to do it, do it in a destructable environment like a linux live-cd. Having the super encrypted bla bla bla bla bla isn't gonna do **** except tell them to keep looking into the situation.

They may not get you for the pictures of you killing a random hooker right away, but they'll find something to lock you away for while they brute force the S.O.B. even if it takes 10 years.

Have a nice thursday.