Iraqi fatalities

Thread: Iraqi fatalities

Banned

Iraqi fatalities

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    This is just my opinion but personally I think the media and some people make to much of the deaths in Iraq. Allow me to explain: Since the war in Iraq started in 2003 nearly 2000 people have died and while it sucks that anyone died and I do feel for the families the media makes to much of this! they sensalize EVERY death! In WW2 2000 people died in a single battle! Im sure people cared about them too but, they didnt keep track of EVERY death sooooo closely like they have here. I think people are going about it all wrong. considering how many soldiers we have over there right now 2000 deaths is a REALLY low percentage which is good. well thats just my 2 cents.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

I can agree with that.There must be a camera at every corner and with the proliferation of cell phones that can take pictures, it can only get more detailed and sensationalized.(networks love to compete)
    But the alternative is to restrict the media, and I wouldn't want that, because then who would be able to certify the atrocities that take place.
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Do you think they might of been trying to take into account Iraqi deaths here. Your 2000 deaths talk about American deaths. Not to mention all the peope who came back maimed or messed up for the rest of their lives. What I find stunning is how many of the Iraqi people have died.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Yes, thats true I did say 2000 deaths and I did mean American deaths because I was talking about the American media... Im sure there has been troops deaths from other countries too and countless innocent Iraqis have died in this fighting.. it all sucks but I was just trying to make the point that I think they sensalize it way to much.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

I get the impression that the Americain media is actualy doing the opposite. If you want real sensationalistic reporting I sugest you try one or two real english tabloids. Still I agree with you that 2000 deaths in a war isn't really a lot. The problem is that if I remember rightly your president declared the war won a while back. That means that most of these 2000 americain dead died in peace time operations.

edit: Dalak cool signature.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

H'm.. a thread about Iraqi fatalities without a link to http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

Oh and also.. http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/
    American Wounded:
    Official 14755
    Estimated 15000 - 42500
    http://www.democracynow.org/article..../11/10/1537224

“We don’t do body counts”
    General Tommy Franks, US Central Command
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !