Thread: Cornish Gator

Frustrated Mad Scientist

Cornish Gator

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10...h_gator_alert/

The residents of a Cornish village are on full-scale 'gator alert following the discovery of a two-foot cayman in the local duck pond.
    I saw its tail and a dozen teeth coming down from its top jaw
    That would make it a crocodile wouldn't it?

It's quite chilly now so the poor wee bleeder has probably snuffed it.

Hey Aspman

Just got interrupted by a phone call:

"Hello, my name is Tanya from Acorn stairlifts, I was just wondering how you were managing getting up the stairs these days?"

ME: "Well, that depends entirely on how much alcohol I have consumed my dear"

Tanya: "OH! well, thank you very much for your time, goodbye"

Now what I was about to post:

1. Cornwall is rather stormy, but generally very mild. Palm trees grow there all year round...........as do a lot of exotic plants...............you see, they don't suffer from wind chill as we do?

2. The poor wee critter will have food problems.............it is a pet, and does not know how to hunt local food.

3. It will probably fetch up as some drunkard's "road kill" as they are quite sluggish in cooler temperatures, cannot hibernate, and are mesmerised by bright lights

What a bozo letting it loose.............it would only cost about £35 for a return ticket, and he would get £1000 per foot (length ) in London?

Ack! phtt!

At least the Cornwall "Gator" doesn't have to compete with these nasties.Python/GatorBattles

We had the same pic today in our local rag http://thechronicleherald.ca/World/457590.html

Caymans are gators
    http://www.rsmas.miami.edu/support/l...lligators.html
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Seen the Python/gator pic on the BBC. That is what I call a sever case on indegestion.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    "Hello, my name is Tanya from Acorn stairlifts, I was just wondering how you were managing getting up the stairs these days?"

ME: "Well, that depends entirely on how much alcohol I have consumed my dear"

Tanya: "OH! well, thank you very much for your time, goodbye"
    LOL I'm going to remember that one

We're on the telephone preference service so I don't get these guys to play with anymore.

Jeans for Genes day at work today and there is a very nice homebaking sale in the canteen. I've just easten my weekly allowance of sugar for the week and it's not even 10am. I'm going to feel like that snake by noon.
    Anyone want anything? I'll eat on your behalf

A five pound Dundee cake.................and don't forget to send me the crumbs