Slax

Thread: Slax

Slax

Recently I made some huge ass downloads and grabbed around 23 new OSs. One of them was SLAX which is why I'm doing this:

I popped it in and it's a Live CD made from Slackware. The distro comes up with neat ascii stuff and then boots to a command line. I typed the startx command to look at it more in depth and I must say this is a nice distro for someone who needs a general purpose bootable Linux distro.

The install to Hard Drive method is VERY easy. I'm attaching a screen shot to see the default look of it and the installer which you can use from Bash or the GUI. Anyone else here use this?

Others I grabbed:

FreeSBIE (Very nice too)

WHAX

Gnoppix

Berry Linux

Pocket Linux

VLOS

Ubuntu 5.10

Simple MEPIS

MEPIS Lite

CentOS

Vector Linux 5.1

Novell Linux Desktop 9 SP2

SLAX looks like a hoot! May have to give it a whirl.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    CentOS is "open" RedHat. I've used it a bunch of times. Very handy when you want to build a quicky appliance or single purpose server.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Or when someone says they need to take a piss and go to lunch and don't come back?