Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Employment Section

Banned
    WolfRune, would you be willing to move to India for an interesting job opportinuty there? Apparantly there are a lot of job opportunities over there. And the same for many other countries in those areas. I've noticed in some Yahoo programming chatroom that there are a lot of people offering and searching for jobs in e.g. India and Saudi Arabia.
    Unfortunately, salaries there are much lower than you might be used to...

Generic job information, however, could be useful anywhere. Especially if you're just at the start of your career (like me) and must make some choices for the future. With the right choice, you'd could end up being the next Bill Gates. The wrong choice and you're jobless for years...

Originally posted here by Katja
    WolfRune, would you be willing to move to India for an interesting job opportinuty there? Apparantly there are a lot of job opportunities over there. And the same for many other countries in those areas. I've noticed in some Yahoo programming chatroom that there are a lot of people offering and searching for jobs in e.g. India and Saudi Arabia.
    Unfortunately, salaries there are much lower than you might be used to...

Generic job information, however, could be useful anywhere. Especially if you're just at the start of your career (like me) and must make some choices for the future. With the right choice, you'd could end up being the next Bill Gates. The wrong choice and you're jobless for years...
    And without a job posting you will be jobless... there isn't even the option of choice... Just because you aren't willing to relocate doesn't mean others aren't... Like I said... My one buddy is searching along the west coast, another in scotland, both of them are here in London, ON... my roommate has talked of wanting to relocate to California.... People want to move all the time... You don't and you're pressing that decision on other people... you're being selfish and only thinking of what you want... While my friends that are searching in other locations have things like workopolis and monster available to them, they don't have access to all the local papers and the word of mouth postings, not to mention the possible internal postings that some of our members have access to. People can benefit from this... whether they will or not is anothing... It's a matter of choice... and I think it's a choice that the members deserve to have... You don't like the idea.. that's good... don't use the forum.... but don't argue against it because of your selfish thoughts and your desire for local employment instead of being willing to move to find a good position.

Peace,
    HT

Granted, I'm not exactly planning to move to New Delhi, but then that's because I'm planning to move to another province in a year or so. My point is, just because I'M not looking for something there, doesn't mean that someone else won't find a job there useful. By the same token, if I know about a job here that I'M not interested in but think someone here might be, I can post it and help out fellow AntiOnline members.
    \"The future stretches out before us, uncharted. Find the open road and look back with a sense of wonder. How pregnant this moment in time. How mysterious the path ahead. Now, step forward.\"
    Phillip Toshio Sudo, Zen Computer
    Have faith, but lock your door.

Youve hit the nail on the head with what you say about internal positions.

If you are new to the industy internal postings are next to impossible to hear about. As those of us who have worked in the industry a while will know a hell of a lot of jobs are filled this way!

well said HT

//You must spread your AntiPoints around before giving it to HTRegz again. - Off to neg a troll!

Banned
    HTRegz, all I'm saying is that there will be a lot of job offerings from areas that you might not consider interesting. There will of course be job offerings from Europe and the USA but since this is an international site it wouldn't suprise me to see many more job offerings from India, South Africa and maybe Brazil. Many companies in Europe and the USA have many places where they can provide job offers so I wonder if AO would be that interesting for them. My fear however is what I noticed in the Yahoo chatrooms, where some rooms are literally spammed to death by these headhunters, searching for people to work in India. (And preferably fellow Indians.) Then again, maybe those chatrooms might be filled with Indian people anyway.

I say it again, an employment forum here would be more useful with tips on how to find a nice job then where to find nice jobs. What could be useful is a forum that lists the many job sites on the Internet. Like http://www.monsterboard.nl if you want to find a job in the Netherlands.

This has been discussed before...

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=269491
    AntiOnline - New Forum - Job Postings

and I said at that time I thought it was a good idea...

however, nothing came about it then and likely won't now either.

Eg

My apologies Egaladeist. I did a search and didn't find any posts that matched what I was thinking, but apparently I messed up the search *LOL*

Katja: If I find a job in Toronto, I probably won't take it because I want to move in about a year to a different province. Thus, I could post it here and those who are either already in Toronto or who are willing/already considering a move to Toronto could check out the job. How is that a bad thing?

<EDIT> Also, I figured that such job postings would be from those "on the inside," and not necessarily HR-types.</EDIT>
    \"The future stretches out before us, uncharted. Find the open road and look back with a sense of wonder. How pregnant this moment in time. How mysterious the path ahead. Now, step forward.\"
    Phillip Toshio Sudo, Zen Computer
    Have faith, but lock your door.