computer graphics
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: computer graphics

computer graphics

Hi, if any one is good with computer graphics or if they would just happen to have a picture like this, I need / an looking for a picture of a fireman looking atraight forward with say an ax in one hand or something, he can have an scba mack on(the masks they wair to get oxygen). If any one could hook me up with a graphic like that it would be great. O and just to let you know you would be helping a volinteer fighter company.

Thank you for your time.

http://images.google.com/images?q=fi...=Search+Images

Wasn't thatt hard ? Except, you may have copyright problems....
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Get out the shovel and dig ....................... !

First one that caught my eye on flickr:

http://flickr.com/photos/juicebox/50097542/

Huge wiki of public domain image resources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_...mage_resources

The Recidivist
    Hi, if any one is good with computer graphics or if they would just happen to have a picture like this, I need / an looking for a picture of a fireman looking atraight forward with say an ax in one hand or something, he can have an scba mack on(the masks they wair to get oxygen). If any one could hook me up with a graphic like that it would be great. O and just to let you know you would be helping a volinteer fighter company.

Anyone who has ever seen me on IRC knows that I have typos and a lot of them. Hell you can see them on here.

But it scares to me think the above post is a volunteer fire fighter or even someone associated with one.

*checks his fire alarms*

Ryan
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Maybe it is just me, but when you are trapped in a burning building and a firefighter comes to rescue you, I would imagine that his profficiency at Mavis Beacon typing tests would not be at the top of your mind?

Typing is not a pre-requisite for firefighting

Hey Hey,

Originally posted here by nihil
    Maybe it is just me, but when you are trapped in a burning building and a firefighter comes to rescue you, I would imagine that his profficiency at Mavis Beacon typing tests would not be at the top of your mind?

Typing is not a pre-requisite for firefighting
    Typing might not be on my mind when I'm being hauled out of a burning building but I'll be damn sure thinking can this guy get me out if something bad happens. As human beings we judge, it's a natural fact... I had the same thought that hjack had, primarily because I used it as a way of judging intelligence. The inability to spell leads me to assume low intelligence and firefighting isn't only about brute strength... these people need to be able to think on their feet. It's an unfair bias, but it's ingrained in us as people.

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

The inability to spell leads me to assume low intelligence
    That is a totally incorrect assumption..............you LEARN how to spell................you cannot learn how to be intelligent. Intelligence is innate, the rest is learning/education/training. For example, dyslexics suffer from dyslexia.............not unintelligence.

If you examine the post you will see that all the errors (bar one) are caused by hitting an adjacent key..............those are "typographical errors" not spelling mistakes.

Originally posted here by nihil
    That is a totally incorrect assumption..............you LEARN how to spell................you cannot learn how to be intelligent. Intelligence is innate, the rest is learning/education/training. For example, dyslexics suffer from dyslexia.............not unintelligence.

If you examine the post you will see that all the errors (bar one) are caused by hitting an adjacent key..............those are "typographical errors" not spelling mistakes.

I disagree with all but one being typographical errors...

Thank you for your time.
    The italics are spelling/grammatical errors, the bold are the typographical errors. You can say that spelling is something you learn, but an unintelligent person cannot learn to spell... the two usually go hand in hand. I can understand a typo or two (I know I make enough of them when my wireless keyboard acts up) and even the occasional spelling mistake, but when I'm unsure of a word I always look it up... It's respect for other people. If you can't grasp basic comprehension, then it's a lack of intelligence. You have to forgive me... I see papers written by people that insist on using 'U' and 'Ur' or '4' and it kills me inside. I'm also the person who believes we should insitute standardized IQ penalties with the death penalty for low scores... Just think, Bush would never have been around long enough to have been elected :P...

I know it's not right, and I know it's rather snobbish but hey... we're all entitled to our own opinion. As far as dyslexics... it's their intelligence that get's them through (there are several in my family). They work damn hard and it's their natural intelligence that gives them the ability to learn how to get by.

But hey... it's 6am and I haven't slept in a while, so who's to say.

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

"any one" or "anyone" makes no difference in the context. What you have to realise is that "spelling" is relatively new...............the first lexicons (dictionaries) only came out around 1850? Language is contextual before it is grammatical

"mack"................nope......................"c" is diagonally adjacent to "s"...........and he spells mask correctly on the next line...............hell, you wouldn't make a detective

"O"..................read more poetry, and the Bible

If you can't grasp basic comprehension, then it's a lack of intelligence
    "Comprehension" means "understanding", and you should be able to "comprehend" despite any typos, spelling, or grammatical errors.

I see papers written by people that insist on using 'U' and 'Ur' or '4' and it kills me inside
    Bloody mobile telephones and those text messages............incinerate the lot I say..........and the creatures that appear to have them surgically grafted to their paws.

but an unintelligent person cannot learn to spell... the two usually go hand in hand
    Totally incorrect! you learn how to spell just like learning the national anthem, a poem, a prayer...................etc. It is almost "by rote" it is not derived from first principles.

Hey, just go through your thought processes when you learned your first foreign language?

Aren't all the US .gov resources allowed to be used? They can't hold a copyright on that stuff... right?

http://images.google.com/images?svnu...ov&btnG=Search

Other works in the public domain -- those you are free to use without having to worry about copyright -- include those created by the U.S. Government. So, for instance, you don't need permission to use screen captures of government Web sites as examples of good or bad design in a class on designing Web pages. But don't assume this applies to foreign countries as well. The government of the United Kingdom, for instance, does claim copyright for its works. So travel with care when reusing governmental works found on the Internet or elsewhere.
    http://www.3m.com/meetingnetwork/pre..._criminal.html
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.