Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Active Directory Real-time Monitoring Tool?

bballad...sounds great but, are they going to charge me an arm and a leg? I'm on a limited budget (I'm one of three (two really, our IT Director is in charge of making curriculum decisions and doesn’t have much technical experience) in a small IT department in a K-8 private school (I'm the Net Admin and we have about 140 machines, 30-40 printers, plus the network hardware (switches, firewalls, and servers) that I manage). It's pretty crazy...anyway...

Cliffs: Our budget is very limited...I'm looking for something cheap (500-1500USD) or something free and customizable. Again I don't mind doing some coding (actually I need the practice. I’m pretty good with VB and Scripts)

Unonthed!
    If you want an AD monitoring tool i sugest you check out QUEST softwares spotlightonAD. You can check it out here .
    It will just depend how much you can shell out for the tool
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

\"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    I was going to suggest QUEST tools too but MURACU bet me to it.

They're good and fast but not cheap at all.

Haven't look at the 2k3 version but the admin pack r resource kit (free from MS) may have a tool to do this. what you want just screams perl script
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?