I run across this article and just wondered what your take on this is. You can find the full story HERE BBC . I

The US must stop giving young offenders life sentences without the chance of parole, human rights groups have said.
A report by Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch said such prisoners - numbering at least 2,225 in the US - must have access to parole processes.

The report says no more than 12 young offenders are serving life without parole in the rest of the world, where the punishment is largely outlawed.
The rights groups spoke to some 375 inmates and used data from many states.

The 157-page report, entitled The Rest of their Lives: Life without Parole for Child Offenders in the United States, was compiled over two years.
It found that 42 US states have laws allowing for offenders under the age of 18 to be sentenced to jail for life with no possibility of parole.
I am for underaged kids being punished if they commit crimes but i do think that except in extreme case and were the person concerned is close to the legal age when they commit the crime life in prison with out the possiablity of parole is over the top. especially if this qoute is true :
Across the US, black youth were found to be 10 times more likely to receive life without parole than white youth.
In Pennsylvania, Hispanic youth were found to be ten times more likely to receive the sentence than their white contemporaries.