What Goes Around ....

Thread: What Goes Around ....

What Goes Around ....

Flashback to the 1970s, when the data processing bureau where this pilot fish works has a computer room full of refrigerator-size cabinets.

"In one corner stands a drum printer, with shelves containing boxes of continuous-feed paper," says fish. "Junior operator carries a box of special paper needed for the next job into the room and, finding no shelf space, drops it heavily on top of the nearest CPU cabinet.

"Red lights flash and alarms sound as the memory cores inside the cabinet go into a state of shock."

The CPU is repaired, the paper is properly stored on a shelf, and everything gets back to normal -- for a little while.

"A few days later, in the same computer room, the same junior operator feels bored," fish reports. "He decides to do press-ups between a couple of CPU cabinets that are about shoulder height.

"He raises into a suspended position, as though on parallel bars, then begins to swing back and forth.

"On one backswing, his toes lodge in the top of an open box of printer paper on a shelf behind him. His arms give way, dropping him unceremoniously onto the floor, face down. His nose is broken and bleeds profusely, creating a slipping hazard until the cleaner can be called.

"The cleaning lady removes the blood, then decides to polish the floor. She brings in her power polisher and starts it up.

"Again with the red lights and alarms, as the polisher sends power spikes back down the line and causes the CPU to get parity errors."
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....wait.........I don't get it.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

***feeling like roswell1329***
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!

Custom User
    lol, that joke was so incredibly bad that I found it funny. It was all going well until the bit about the cleaner (and you could have salvaged it there if only you'd added something else).

ac

AFLAAACKKK!!
    ...I'm guessing the joke actually has nothing to do with computers or printers, but the joke is that the people and the room IS the computer and printer... Or something like that... Right??... no.... I don't know, this joke actually confused me and it's giving me a headache thinking about it...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Maybe it should be 'what goes around comes around, and goes around again . . .'

Let me guess, the cleaning get 'polished' herself a week later ??????

Then the ambulance guys . . . . . . .

Never mind.

I really don't get it. Uhh, and I have a fairly good sense of humor.. so please explain?
    Space For Rent.. =]

Man, I can't explain words, they explain themselves, if you comprehend it not funny, then don't laught, that's it! ....

Silly joke right?

Cheers
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster